Smackdown Spoilers for March 2

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
2/28 WWE Smackdown taping: Full results of the taping for Friday's television show (spoilers)

Feb 28, 2012 - 10:40 PM

Dot Net reader Nate Tepp is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Seattle, Washington and sent the following updates. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.

Sheamus came out first cut a promo said Daniel Bryan was a changed man. He said he's now conceded just like Sheamus was when he won his first title two years ago. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler came out and interrupted them. Dolph cut a promo saying he should've been in the main event at WrestleMania. Teddy Long came out to interrupt and booked Dolph vs. Sheamus as the first match.

1. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler. Swagger came out to distract Sheamus. Ziggler and hit the Zig Zag, but Shemaus kicked out and then finished off Dolph for the win.

Big Show vs. Mark Henry was advertised for later in the show.

2. Santino Marella defeated Heath Slater. Slater went for a move off the top rope. Santino knocked him off and as Slater was still sitting on the top rope, he hit him with The Cobra.

3. Eve defeated Natalya.

Cody Rhodes came out and then so did Big Show. Cody started up in the crowd and Big Show said he was going to come after him. Teddy Long came out and booked Show vs. Rhodes in a title match at WrestleMania. Then Long introduced Mark Henry, who came out for his match with Big Show.

4. Big Show defeated Mark Henry. Henry dominated most of the match. He missed hitting Show with the steel ring steps. Show kicked out of the World's Strongest Slam, then Show hit the WMD for the win.

They had a Johnny Ace and Teddy Long segment in the back. David Otunga said they wouldn't seek criminal charges for Teddy striking Ace on Raw, but they might take civil action. Long booked Otunga vs. Big Show for Raw. Next up is Drew Mcintyre vs Justin Gabriel. Long said that McIntyre is fired if he loses.

5. Justin Gabriel defeated Drew McIntyre. Teddy Long appeared on the big screen and fired McIntyre, who sold it by crying in the ring before he left.

6. Daniel Bryan fought Randy Orton to an apparent no-contest. Good back and forth. Orton was about to hit his DDT when Kane's pyro hit and he came out. Kane and Orton brawled outside for a while and it was back and forth. They both got in the ring and Kane got control and chokeslammed Orton and stood over him. Then he asked for a mic. He stood over Orton, who was out, and said, "Welcome back." Kane dropped the mic and left.

Big Show vs Cody and Kane vs Orton it looks like then. So thats six matches either announced or as good as announced. Must be a Money in the Bank match or a big multiman match happening. There's a shitload of wrestlers not on the card yet.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2/28 WWE Smackdown taping: Full results of the taping for Friday's television show (spoilers)

Feb 28, 2012 - 10:40 PM

Dot Net reader Nate Tepp is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Seattle, Washington and sent the following updates. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.

Sheamus came out first cut a promo said Daniel Bryan was a changed man. He said he's now conceded just like Sheamus was when he won his first title two years ago. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler came out and interrupted them. Dolph cut a promo saying he should've been in the main event at WrestleMania. Teddy Long came out to interrupt and booked Dolph vs. Sheamus as the first match.

1. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler. Swagger came out to distract Sheamus. Ziggler and hit the Zig Zag, but Shemaus kicked out and then finished off Dolph for the win.

Big Show vs. Mark Henry was advertised for later in the show.

2. Santino Marella defeated Heath Slater. Slater went for a move off the top rope. Santino knocked him off and as Slater was still sitting on the top rope, he hit him with The Cobra.

3. Eve defeated Natalya.

Cody Rhodes came out and then so did Big Show. Cody started up in the crowd and Big Show said he was going to come after him. Teddy Long came out and booked Show vs. Rhodes in a title match at WrestleMania. Then Long introduced Mark Henry, who came out for his match with Big Show.

4. Big Show defeated Mark Henry. Henry dominated most of the match. He missed hitting Show with the steel ring steps. Show kicked out of the World's Strongest Slam, then Show hit the WMD for the win.

They had a Johnny Ace and Teddy Long segment in the back. David Otunga said they wouldn't seek criminal charges for Teddy striking Ace on Raw, but they might take civil action. Long booked Otunga vs. Big Show for Raw. Next up is Drew Mcintyre vs Justin Gabriel. Long said that McIntyre is fired if he loses.

5. Justin Gabriel defeated Drew McIntyre. Teddy Long appeared on the big screen and fired McIntyre, who sold it by crying in the ring before he left.

6. Daniel Bryan fought Randy Orton to an apparent no-contest. Good back and forth. Orton was about to hit his DDT when Kane's pyro hit and he came out. Kane and Orton brawled outside for a while and it was back and forth. They both got in the ring and Kane got control and chokeslammed Orton and stood over him. Then he asked for a mic. He stood over Orton, who was out, and said, "Welcome back." Kane dropped the mic and left.

Big Show vs Cody and Kane vs Orton it looks like then. So thats six matches either announced or as good as announced. Must be a Money in the Bank match or a big multiman match happening. There's a shitload of wrestlers not on the card yet.

I'd imagine the big multiman match will be a GM vs GM multi tag match. Which will work quite well considering that this year there have been several guys with ligitimate beef with each GM.

However I am a little dissapointed with the matches coming out so far. Some of them feel a little shoe-horned in. Orton vs. Kane? Cody vs. Big Show? Punk vs. Jericho? They just seem so thrown together to me.

And god... you just know we've got Kelly Kelly & Zack Ryder vs. Eve & (Insert random heel here) to come too!

Is it just me?

Teddy Long came out to interrupt and booked (Wrestler) vs. (Wrestler) as the first match.

Christ Almighty!

Anyways, I'm glad Randy Orton is back again. It'd be a shame for him to miss his Wrestlemania payday after that year he just had. Him in a match with Kane shouldn't be too bad I don't think, they just need to keep building it up so it doesn't just look like a normal random TV match.

Any idea what this new gimmick of Drew McIntyre's will be? Seen as they are obviously going that route.

He was trying out an arrogant playboy gimmick at a house show on Saturday.

Orton/Kane seems a little thrown together i agree, Rhodes/Big Show & Punk/Jericho have been built ok though.

I very much doubt the intergender tag match will happen as you are suggesting either.

I can now see the GM vs GM match as Del Rio, Henry, Christian, Miz & Ziggler vs Santino, Kofi, R-Truth, Ryder & maybe Rey as a suprise late entrant?

I can now see the GM vs GM match as Del Rio, Henry, Christian, Miz & Ziggler vs Santino, Kofi, R-Truth, Ryder & maybe Rey as a suprise late entrant?

I'd say your about right there, but Otunga instead of the Miz. I'd be disapointed if Miz was put into this match. I could see it being Miz Vs Rey tbh.

Although I wouldn't be surpised if it was Santino & Teddy Long vs Otunga and Ace in a simular vein as the Lawler/Cole match last year.

Rhodes/Big Show has been built pretty well really and they've been building to it since before Elimination Chamber. My only gripe is it's another title feud for the Big Show. He's gone from Henry to Bryan to Rhodes and has so far been on the butt end of all three feuds.

Will have to see how Kane and Orton pans out. At the minute it looks just like two top guys thrown together because there's nothing else for them but if they can give a reason for Kane taking out Randy then it's at least fairly fresh.

I still hope they give us a multi-man tag and MITB. Ziggler needs a WM moment this year but there's enough guys that I don't want to see in the MITB to have an 8-man tag match with.

Interesting I was starting to think Orton would get into the title match through shenanigans this week but the Kane bout should be interesting.

Can see it being an 8-10 man tag for the multiman match this year and possibly rather than a mixed tag hopefully Ryder Vs a new heel boyfriend for Eve. Either Miz or perhaps Swagger would be good as a US title rematch.

If Rey is back in time I could perhaps see it being a bonus match of sorts with Rey being a surprise return

I know wrestling 101 is to make your stars look strong, but Sheamus kicking out of a zig zag & Show kicking out of the old WSS.

Makes Dolph & Menry an afterthought.

Sure both Sheamus & Show should have been booked to win, to keep there momentum going ahead of their title matches at Mania, but not at the expense of the other two's finishing manuevres

I know wrestling 101 is to make your stars look strong, but Sheamus kicking out of a zig zag & Show kicking out of the old WSS.

Makes Dolph & Menry an afterthought.

Sure both Sheamus & Show should have been booked to win, to keep there momentum going ahead of their title matches at Mania, but not at the expense of the other two's finishing manuevres

What are Dolph and "Menry" doing at Wrestlemania this year?

As far as Wrestlemania is concerned, both of the said men are afterthoughts, and i completely agree with making Sheamus & Big Show look strong considering they are in high profile bouts come the big day.

However I am a little disappointed with the matches coming out so far. Some of them feel a little shoe-horned in. Orton vs. Kane? Cody vs. Big Show? Punk vs. Jericho? They just seem so thrown together to me.

I agree with the other two, but Punk v Jericho hasn't been just thrown together, it was known to be in the pipeline for a couple of months, granted it's isn't get much reaction.

I don't see why Kane got to singlehandedly destroy the Tag Team Division if hes gonna feud with Randy Orton. Useless. I was thinking "wow Primo and Epico got a decent win, maybe the care afterall...oh here comes Kane...shit"

As much as I love Dolph, Sheamus has done nothing but throw Daniel Bryan back into the ring, so Sheamus does need something to keep his momentum up. Have they interacted much beyond this? Its ridiculous.

Archived