The Playstation Vita

TildeGuy~!

With the abysmal launch, poor selection of games and already inferior to PS Vita graphics, I think this might be the year for Sony Handhelds.

Maybe not in Japan, i'm surprised at how poorly it is selling over there but to be fair all the console needs is a new Monster Hunter (a series which is awful imo...) and it'll sell like hotcakes.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a handheld it does look an impressive bit of kit, but the price and the fact I only would want one game on it at the moment (Uncharted) means I'm unlikely to get one in the near future. Hopefully they might port over a few games like Uncharted to the PS3 after a while like they did with a few PSP games when they were ported to the PS2.

With the abysmal launch, poor selection of games and already inferior to PS Vita graphics, I think this might be the year for Sony Handhelds.

Not necessarily I don't think. The trouble I can see with the Vita is that it might struggle to get many casual buyers compared to the DS and 3DS, with cost being the main sticking point I imagine. The other thing that could put casual buyers off is the games line up. If you look at a lot of the future releases, most are based on existing console properties rather than Professor Layton or Ace Attorney type games, which if people aren't interested enough in those kind of games to buy a console they're not going to pay up to

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
I picked up a wifi Vita with Uncharted and Fifa today. Impressed so far, really nice bit of kit.

The lack of 4 shoulder buttons is what kept me from buying a PSP and what will keep me from buying the Vita. I'd get a Playstation Portable to play all the PS1 games on, but having to map buttons on touch pads or whatever is massively off-putting.

I picked up a wifi Vita with Uncharted and Fifa today. Impressed so far, really nice bit of kit.

The lack of 4 shoulder buttons is what kept me from buying a PSP and what will keep me from buying the Vita. I'd get a Playstation Portable to play all the PS1 games on, but having to map buttons on touch pads or whatever is massively off-putting.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. It was a little awkward playing Fifa At first but it was surprisingly easy to get to grips with. In fact Fifa on the vita is surprisingly close to Fifa 12 in feel. I haven't bothered much with the touch controls as they're optional, though there is an interesting feature where you use the back touch pad to aim your shot on goal that I'll have a play with at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
I've got no idea where my 3DS is.

Mine is gathering dust at the moment. I only bought two games- Zelda and Mario 3D- which to be fair are both bloody brilliant. But the unit seems dated already when you see what the Vita has on offer, and in fact most smartphones for that matter. Sorry to go off topic here. The Vita does look smart- what is this rear touchpad all about that I've seen mentioned?

• 1 month later...

Archived