The Playstation Vita

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd absolutely love one, but being unemployed sucks. I really wanna play Uncharted, Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC and others and it looks like a really fun system...hopefully when I eventually have a job and money it'll have dropped in price a bit like the 3DS did. Are you going Wi-fi or 3G Tildeguy?

I'd absolutely love one, but being unemployed sucks. I really wanna play Uncharted, Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC and others and it looks like a really fun system...hopefully when I eventually have a job and money it'll have dropped in price a bit like the 3DS did. Are you going Wi-fi or 3G Tildeguy?

I think I'll go with the 3g one, not sure what games to pick up with it yet though apart from Uncharted.

The question remains, do people WANT a portable PS3?

This will be Sony's last go-around at portable. If this one fails to improve their share of the mobile market over where the PSP got them, I can see them bowing out. For me, handheld gaming devices are an anachronism in the modern era where everyone caries a smartphone.

For me, handheld gaming devices are an anachronism in the modern era where everyone caries a smartphone.

I think you're right, but hope you're wrong, after my pitiful attempts at playing a game with touchscreen controls yesterday. Although saying that, the Vita and 3DS both have touchscreen controls. But they stick to traditional control methods for action, which works a lot better for me. I could never successfully play a football or fighting game, let alone a big fast-paced action-adventure, on a touchscreen-only device. They're ultimately fighting a losing battle releasing console experiences like Resident Evil and Uncharted on handhelds anyway, because I don't think many people really want/need that sort of game to pass time on the bus or whatever.

Got mine today (wi-fi only the 3G model seems like a waste of time and money to me) and haven't done much with it yet but when it has finished copying some PSP games over I'm booting up Blazblue Extend and Uncharted after that.

Had to buy two 8 gig cards though since those cunts at Sony have apparently under produced the 16 gig ones but it wasn't all bad since after trading in some games I got the Vita, two games and two 8 gig memory cards for

You'll be ruing that decision in 8 months when the price of the system drops and it'll be gathering dust. I'll expect there'll be an update to the hardware in a year as well with any sytem you need to wait 18 months to see if there's any decent games for it or any hardware revisions. I learnt from my mistake after I bought the Wii, it got a ton of use for 6 months and no even my mrs doesn't touch Wii fit.

• Paid Members

Was playing on my friend's earlier and while the graphics impressed me, the face buttons and sticks are oddly small. It's light years ahead of the 3DS though and as much as I love Nintendo, their live videos today to try and gain hype for new releases was a really bad attempt at trying to gain a bit of a comeback on the Vita's launch day.

Reggie did a 12 minute video showing about 4 games everyone already knew about, and then the 3DS release schedule went up and it looks dreadful. Luigi's Mansion has been delayed until 2013 along with the new Professor Layton, and there's no big-name games at all this year. No Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, Mario, F-Zero, Pikmin or anything. Just 3rd party games and movie tie-ins.

With the abysmal launch, poor selection of games and already inferior to PS Vita graphics, I think this might be the year for Sony Handhelds.

Archived