WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the guys on here who haven't been to a Wrestlemania before, is it because you can't afford it or don't you have any fellow wrestling fan mates?

Genuinely interested.

Up to 2009 it was because I was a student and couldn

• Paid Members
All the guys on here who haven't been to a Wrestlemania before, is it because you can't afford it or don't you have any fellow wrestling fan mates?

Genuinely interested.

Both :(

Im hoping 30 will be in MSG though. I'm saving for that and a NY holiday.

The missus isnt interested in wrestling at all. She slightly enjoyed a live Osaka Pro show when we were in Japan, but more because the the pure child like expression on my face during the show.

I would love to save and say "come on, we are off to the states", but she would start plannig trips and i would have to somehow fit in an entire wrestlemania event with out her knowing.

I could try and be upfront about it, but i dont know how i could possibly handle her saying "okay then". My mind would probably melt.

• Paid Members

Genuinely interested.

Bit of both. I was meant to be going to 'Mania 27 with my mate, but he had to cancel after getting laid off. I was considering going by myself, but I chickened out. We've talked a couple of times since then and my mate can't be arsed anymore. Bloody recession.

I'm hoping to do 30, I did consider this year but ended up taking in a Las Vegas trip with friends about 9 months ago. Decided to wait for 30 now for three reasons. 1) its more prestigious than 29 2) 29 is outside in the north east in march and while it may be dry it could be cold and wet and that would spoil a big occasion for me 3) if Mania 30 is in the south which is likely we have planned to do a road trip from vegas to the mania location.

Before recently I havent been able to afford it

• Paid Members

Just watching the Once in a Lifetime thing. I have a question: what kind of cameras do they use on those American Football games? The quality is blinding. Cena looked like he'd been carved from stone when they showed a clip of him at a game. The production values look amazing.

• Paid Members

It's on at 10, meaning it finishes at 11, and I need to go to bed before 11.

EDIT: Scratch that, plans for tomorrow changed so I stayed up. Really enjoyed it. It wasn't really that much like UFC Primetime in that it was all about building the guys, rather than the match, but seeing as it's running straight into Raw in the US, that's not really a problem. Need some big heat between them on Raw to sell it to the viewers that stick around, though.

What I liked was that it made both guys seem like a huge deal. It's the first time where Cena's comeback to the movie stuff of "I don't care, WWE is what I want to do every day" has hit home as being really convincing. Rock came off really dedicated and passionate as well, though, so it looks like they're relying completely on the fans to back who they want. Not convinced that'll work, but I guess we'll see when we get the buyrate. I'm not fussed about that for now, though, I'm just ready to sit back and enjoy the spectacle - and I've never had any doubt than when they're face-to-face in the ring, it's gonna feel HUGE.

I reckon we're getting a rematch next year, as well. This year has been so storyline-lite and there's so much more they can do - not least throwing the WWE Championship into the mix. Hell, I reckon Cena would take that as well, so I might even put money on the Rock this time around.

Archived