Whitney Houston Dead

Frankie Crisp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Simon Cowell WAS considering her as an X Factor judge.

That especially annoyed me. "Simon Cowell leads tributes" despite having absolutely nothing to do with her career, then crowbars in a plug for his shit show. What a twat.

Was flicking through those Sky music channels now and heard a Whitney Houston song. I felt a great sense of romanticism when I heard it, almost as if it was a sort of justification to feel happy about the great woman's death. "Good for her", I thought to myself.

• Paid Members
Simon Cowell WAS considering her as an X Factor judge.

That especially annoyed me. "Simon Cowell leads tributes" despite having absolutely nothing to do with her career, then crowbars in a plug for his shit show. What a twat.

It's probably worth blaming whoever edited the article and thought a Simon Cowell mention would be the final boost the article needed, an article on the death of Whitney bloody Houston.

• Paid Members

Bizarrely, last night as I went into the bathroom, I started humming Dance With Somebody and thinking about how much of a wasted talent she was. Went back into the bedroom, came online and was met with a wall of "RIP Whitney" posts. Statistically somebody somewhere would have had to be thinking about her for no real reason at that point in time, and this time it happened to be me, but it did feel ever so strange when it happened.

There's not much more I can add. She was a superb talent - absolutely one of the best at her peak - but wrecked herself through her lifestyle. I can't say I was ever a fan, as the pop stuff from when she was on top form was from an era when I was too young and blinkered to listen to "girls music", and by the time I was older and more open minded, she'd moved onto the R'n'B stuff which I didn't care for at all, and didn't fully hide how badly her voice had been damaged.

I do now fully believe that How Will I Know is one of the greatest pop songs of the 80s, and compliments Who's Zooming Who? perfectly.

• Paid Members
Bizarrely, last night as I went into the bathroom, I started humming Dance With Somebody

Come on Surf, you do that every night, in fact that was a particularly low key night as you were just humming it, usually you belt it out at the top of your voice while dancing bollock naked around the bathroom like Buffalo Bill.

A great send-off for an icon.

Whitney Houston was a true power house and the words in the songs have true meaning. Such a shame that she has passed away.

R.I.P. - Let the music live on.

Out of interest, if it had to be her or A-Burke, would you have taken it this way?

• Paid Members
Probably worth pointing out that the Simon Cowell considering her for X Factor stories were out the day before her death, which confirms this, and that it wasn't just a "shit plug" for a "shit show".

You got a source for that? I saw it from Cowell calling into Piers Morgans CNN show after the death was announced. Its possible she was being considered (amongst the hundreds of other hard up singers in the world) but I thought it was pretty trashy to proclaim how great she was and then mention that coincidentally this great persons latest goal was to appear on his show.

Which is shit.

Did Super Duper Bobby Brown have a sing at the Funeral?

He should have belted out Candy Girl as the only real fitting tribute.

He left early because the security guards apparantly made him move seats multiple times. Its almost as if the family didnt want him there, or even like him!

Archived