Raw Superstar Fails Wellness Test

Nexus

• Paid Members
As a side note, what's the R-Truth story? Must've missed that.

When he failed the first time he apparently told WWE that R-Truth was smoking fake weed at the same party, which then landed Truth his recent suspension. Because of that, the rumour is that Bourne is basically an outcast backstage at the moment.

Thanks.

Anyway, I used to like Bourne, but I never really knew why I liked him.

He's alright at being flippy and stuff, but he hasn't got a personality. I'm pretty sure WWE can just bring in another flippy flipper, or even just give Justin Gabriel Bourne's position in the roster or something instead.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I never understand the contracts that WWE have with the wrestlers. Why not just go in and say Im not happy anymore and want to leave instead of doing stupid shit to get fired if this is the case?

I guess he thinks he's going to get sacked or pushed completely down the card anyway. By doing this he can atleast squeeze some monthly basic wage out of them before the inevitable boot.

• Moderators

Suspension is without pay though, isn't it? At the end of 60 days he'll be back just in time to get eliminated from the Wrestlemania dark match Battle Royal and then get his release a week or two later during the annual spring clean meaning hardly any pay at all. Certainly not a monthly basic downside cheque anyway.

• Paid Members

RVD's done in March. Everyone expects him back in WWE. It would be a nice little moment, if he returned at WrestleMania to be fair. He looks shot now though (unless thats him being lazy because he's checking out soon).

Actually, come to think of it, didnt Gunner give him a stretcher job the other week? He might be done now.

• Paid Members

He's 41 now. This is probably his last chance to add to his wealth by signing with WWE. They could do with some established stars to work with some of the new guys (like they've tried to do with Booker and Cody). RVD vs Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania wouldnt be to shabby. Punk vs Jericho and Dolph vs RVD would be a great way to establish Punk and Dolph as players to that massive WrestleMania audience (a lot of which dont follow it for the rest of the year). My brother will be watching WrestleMania for example. He knows who Jericho and RVD is, but couldnt give a toss about Punk and Ziggler.

• Paid Members
RVD's done in March. Everyone expects him back in WWE. It would be a nice little moment, if he returned at WrestleMania to be fair. He looks shot now though (unless thats him being lazy because he's checking out soon).

Actually, come to think of it, didnt Gunner give him a stretcher job the other week? He might be done now.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The speculation is he'll be in the Rumble.

Meltzer was saying he's lost some beef as well, so he's probably getting himself in 'WWE shape' instead of 'TNA shape' (see, Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle etc), so that may help his ability to do spins and jumps.

• Paid Members
It's Kofi I feel sorry for. I really like Kofi and he's stepped his game up the last few months, but he's better suited to tag-team wrestling as he seems to get a bit lost otherwise. Hope they find him a new partner.

TandKofi.png

T and Kofi.

It's Kofi I feel sorry for. I really like Kofi and he's stepped his game up the last few months, but he's better suited to tag-team wrestling as he seems to get a bit lost otherwise. Hope they find him a new partner.

This. Essentially Kofi's being punished for doing nothing wrong, unless they plan to give him a singles push again. Problem being that, like Baz says, he's probably better suited for tag teams.

In a fair world, rather than just stripping Kofi outright, surely they could have announced that Bourne was unable to defend the belts within the 30 day automatic defence period, given Kofi a surrogate partner or declared the belts vacant and announced a tournament to crown new champs, allowing Kingston and his new partner to enter the tourney, possibly with a bye into a later round. This might also put some fresh energy into the WWE tag scene, create some new teams, etc. Although obviously they don't give a flying fuck about the tag division anymore, so this would probably be unlikely. Or is it just too TNA?

Bottom line, I just don't see why Kofi deserved to lose the straps, unless of course it was in the offing anyway. Still, if I was him I'd want fuck all to do with Bourne after this, without wanting to sound too much of a mark for titles.

He's good friends with AJ Styles isnt he?

Yes, he is. AJ Styles kept on trying and trying to get him a job in TNA for years but they weren't interested. Then they saw him on WSX and changed their tune but at that point he got an offer from WWE too and decided to go that route. So yeah, it's a pretty safe bet Styles will be pushing for him to get signed, if Bourne were to be released from WWE.

Archived