Royal Rumble Statistics (2012 edition)

tiger_rick

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I'm sure Nunzio should be appearing on at least one of either "shortest stint" or "nearly made it to the ring"...

I've only got him having entered once:

2004: Nunzio (23) (03:48)

If someone nicked his place, that wouldn't be in my database, only no-shows.

Yeah, I am sure your database is more reliable than my memory, and Google agrees. Annoying though, because I was sure that I could remember him making his way down to the ring and getting taken out before he even got there.

I'm sure Nunzio should be appearing on at least one of either "shortest stint" or "nearly made it to the ring"...

I've only got him having entered once:

2004: Nunzio (23) (03:48)

If someone nicked his place, that wouldn't be in my database, only no-shows.

Yeah, I am sure your database is more reliable than my memory, and Google agrees. Annoying though, because I was sure that I could remember him making his way down to the ring and getting taken out before he even got there.

Kurt Angle knicked his spot in the 2005 Rumble. But that was back stage.

Was Test once knocked out backstage too and didn't make it to the ring? I think Mankind stole his spot to attack Edge?

Would be interesting to see all surprise entrants in each Rumble.

Shouldn't longest time spent in the Rumble go to Maeven? He's technically still in the 2002 Rumble because he never got thrown over the top rope so was never eliminated. I reckon ten years is a respectable enough stint.

Undertaker and Maeven in the 2002 Royal Rumble

That's funny 'cos on the video you provided I just watched Undertaker throw him over the top rope. 2:52, over he goes.

Also, Tiger Rick, HBK eliminated Shelton in the 2007 Rumble also, making him the only guy to eliminate the same participant 3 times I think?!

And to be a total tool, the statistic about Swagger being in longest from 27 is incorrect (I'm assuming you got it from wikipedia) as last year he was eliminated by Mysterio before Wade Barrett entered at number 30. I know this as I've just watched that Rumble about 20 minutes ago.

Taking my own look at Wikipedia it looks like it should be Bret Hart in 1994.

Great work tho and some great little bits of knowledge there.

• Paid Members

Was thinking last night while watching the 1991 Royal Rumble. '92 Rumble is my all-time favourite, as it should be everyone's. Everytime I watch it, I still buy into Monsson's awesome commentary. Stuff like "No-one has ever drawn numbers 1 to 5 and been there at the end" and "Ric Flair is now the all-time record holder for the Royal Rumble" (Longest time in the ring).It only dawned on me years later that it was only the 4th Rumble ever. So "No-one has ever" and "All-time" have much less impact. i still buy them though, what a job Monsoon and Heenan did that day.

Was going to put this in the reminisce thread but it says mustn't grumble.

Watched a few rumbles again over the last week.

Shawn Michaels puts on a good show in 95 but I feel this is overrated only because the match is totally different to any other Rumble where a wrestler has lasted the distance. The entrants arrive every 60seconds allowing little time for a couple of punches before the buzzers going again. Also, I'm only guessing but surely he wasn't meant to touch the floor with his foot before skinning the cat was he? It would of been so much better if he had come close but not touched. Over the rope to the floor became, over the top and BOTH feet must touch the floor, which led to I think it was Edge in 2001 basically hopping from one foot to the other before hauling himself back into the ring. Not to mention the Kerry von Erich and Zach Gowen arguments.

Watching 2005 whos idea was the West Side Story stuff? WWEs top wrestlers are made to look stupid, wigs on JBL, Myterio Guerrero etc. They may not have got him to wear a ridiculous wig but watching Benoit belt out a barritone show tune is something I could do without. "Will he be saint or sinner, who will be the royal rumble winner?" Its hokey in a bad way. Would be two and a half years before I could see Benoit as a killer again.

In Flairs 92 winning promo which I guess was pretaped. It feels live, Flair looked like he had wrestled 60 mins and was ecstatic, its the little touches and attention to detail you get like Okerlund looking at someone off camera. "Put that cigarette out". Maybe it was live? "With a tear in my eye".

Also like it when at the end with the Hogan and Sid pull apart, Sid goes on to one knee to strike his pose and one of the Hebners takes a bump like he was hit by a bus.

• Paid Members

I've never imagined that is was pre-taped. If so, It's a tremendous acting job. I tapped it up years ago for the Greatest promo thread. It's still my all-time favourite.

Ric Flair is awarded the WWF Title, Royal Rumble 1992.

GO: Alright, by virtue of winning the Royal Rumble, we have a brand new World Wrestling Federation champion. As the press look on, at this time to present the title belt to the new champion, our president, the distinguished Jack Tunney.

JT: Congratulations, Ric Flair, on becoming the undisputed champion of the World Wrestling Federation.

RF: Let me just say, after carrying the belt that proclaimed me the real world champion, I

• Paid Members

Have a look on Wikipedia Rick, there's a couple more you can add. I think there is one on there which details the guys that needed the most amount of people to eliminate them. Like when it takes a few people to bundle out the superheavies.

• Paid Members

Have a look on Wikipedia Rick, there's a couple more you can add. I think there is one on there which details the guys that needed the most amount of people to eliminate them. Like when it takes a few people to bundle out the superheavies.

Got that in my database. Will see what else they've got.Mabel in 2007 by 8 (Edge CM Punk Kevin Thorn Bob Holly John Morrison Rob Van Dam Shelton Benjamin Chris Benoit)Mabel in 1994 by 7 (Greg Valentine Bob Holly Crush Shawn Michaels Tatanka Great Kabuki Bam Bam Bigelow)Muhammad Hassan in 2005 by 6 (Chris Benoit Chris Jericho Edge Booker T Luther Reigns Shelton Benjamin)Fatu in 2000 by 6 (Edge Test Davey Boy Smith Gangrel Bob Backlund Big Bossman)Earthquake in 1990 by 5 (Ted DiBiase Smash/Repo Haku Jimmy Snuka Jim Niedhart)Kurrgan in 1998 by 4 (Jacob Blu/8-Ball Ken Shamrock Bradshaw Phineas Godwinn/Mideon)John Morrison in 2011 by 4 (CM Punk Husky Harris Michael McGillicutty David Otunga)Mark Henry in 2011 by 4 (CM Punk Husky Harris Michael McGillicutty David Otunga)Crush in 1994 by 4 (Bret Hart Bob Holly Lex Luger Bam Bam Bigelow)Diesel in 1994 by 4 (Mabel Bob Holly Crush Bam Bam Bigelow)Ultimate Warrior in 1990 by 3 (Hulk Hogan Rick Rude The Barbarian)Kane in 2009 by 3 (Randy Orton Cody Rhodes Ted Dibiase II)Mabel in 1999 by 3 (Bradshaw Farooq Phineas Godwinn/Mideon)Mr. Perfect in 1993 by 3 (Ted DiBiase Koko B. Ware Jerry Lawler)

Archived