WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be wrong but I thought the advertised Main Event for that Smackdown was Eddie vs Batista vs Orton? I definitely read an interview with Orton where he said he was supposed to get the Title. I think Eddie winning would've made sense in his storyline with Batista and everybody just jumped to the conclusion that was what was planned.

Plus the other thing was that Steph said on Eddie's tribute show (i.e. the one that the triple threat was booked for) that 'Eddie had indicated to me that he would be champion again', and with everyone knowing Batista was injured, that got jumped on like it was truth. Don't know why Ian said the Angle thing was happening though, that didn't come about until Batista got injured further and literally had to give up the belt or he'd have been retiring. Angle was even in a feud ongoing on RAW at the time, he was a surprise stopgap for SmackDown.

• Paid Members

The Observer had a writers week about a year ago where about 3 of the writers from 2005-06 said what the plan was. Dave Lagana was the first one who brought it up about, that Guerrero was never scheduled to win the belt, and that Angle was going to win it and wrestle the Undertaker at Mania, but when Guerrero died, Angle was put into the "Eddie's dead" storyline with Rey and Orton and the Taker thing was dropped. Thats where that comes from. I'm taking just their word for it.

Archived