WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
I love the idea that jericho has "turned up" just to fuck with fans, when it would be easier to use a old photo of jericho standing in any old airport.

I would if I were him, simply because Memphis is an awesome town!

I actually really hope it is Jericho tonight, with an apocalyptic 2012 twist on his last heel gimmick/the Y2J gimmick. The world is going to end, and he wants to be the best in it when it does.

As for the "she" aspect? Could well be Steph, out for revenge on Punk for costing her father the company.

I think they could work an interesting year or so TV out of that - Jericho feuds with Punk initially, until Mania, him over the "Best in the World" thing, Steph over the events of the past summer.

The next natural feud for Jericho would be HHH - either because Steph thinks he did a shit job replacing Vince (or blames him equally as he announced it), or because HHH feels Jericho has brainwashed his wife with 2012 guff (could be an interesting part to the angle - does Steph buy into what Jericho is preaching, or is she simply chanelling his zealotry towards Punk, then Hunter, for her own agenda?)

Then, Jericho could finally get that feud with Taker - they could give Jericho an aspect to the gimmick where he wants to be seen as the best in the world at armageddon to please his Maker, and do something of a Light vs Dark feud again, a la with Shawn the first time round.

Once that's over, I suppose Jericho needs revenge on Orton...

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I alone in thinking, that given WWE's current bumming of social media, what with "x is now trending worldwide", this is all a little too...convenient? If it was/is Jericho, would WWE not have played it smarter by having him flown in by corporate jet and whisked away in a blacked out sedan? I hope in my heart of hearts this is a swerve.

[blind mark mode] Maybe he's just there to discuss a merch deal for figures and likeness? [/mark]

EDIT: Do we have a source for the photo?

It will be Chris Jericho 'the best in the world at what I do' taking offence at CM Punk calling himself 'the best in the world'.

I'd imagine that would be the crux of the feud.

Don't know the original source of the photo, but it's all over facebook and twitter and was posted on another forum.

If you remember Jericho was telling people on Twitter that he'd be in Hawaii on vacation on this date.

Punk defeats Ziggler (in a really great match), holds the belt up high and shouts 'BEST IN THE WORLD', lights go out, videos start to play on screen, lights go back on and Jericho is in the ring, takes out Punk.

Chyna may or may not be by his side, as referenced by the little girl in the vignettes.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Brock Lesnar in this one. Althought it seems unlikely. His performance at UFC 141 was piss poor, and looked like it was his last fight, i.e the end of his contract with UFC as he did say it was his last fight in the octagon., and he looked a lot leaner than he has in the UFC since being there.

So does anyone think after the rumours when him and Taker had that bit of a confrontation at a UFC PPV, that now it could actually happen?. Taker to come out, then Lesnar afterwards?, set up that Match at Mania?. Have Taker come back but not as the deadman. I no it seems unlikely, but that would be good.

If it is Jericho will be the girl who tells us of his coming?

• Paid Members

Isnt a Punk vs Jericho feud the last thing Punk would want? He's already unlikable to the casual fanbase, and all the easily pleased demos WWE targets are turning his segments off in droves. I'd think the last thing to try and dig him out of that hole would be a character who is going to call him out for not being as good as an old star. Its got that Jericho vs Edge in 2010 stamp on it. On paper it looked good, but in practice, it was dreadful.

• Moderators

Not to jump on the tedious conspiracy "things are always more than what they seem!" line, but they are utterly obsessed with Twitter these days. It's not too much of a jump to think that maybe, just this once, they have thrown out a red herring. He's mighty conspicuous in that pic - wearing just a t-shirt, arms on show, yards of space in front of him, and with a fucking thumb covering half the lens, which is one step up from having leaves all around the edges because someone snapped it while sneakily peering through a potted plant. Put me in the 'sure, maybe' camp that just once, this actually is something to throw people off.

Archived