First wrestling match you watched of 2012

air_raid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Make their bout vs Pillman & Zenk your next one, fucking belter from around the same time.

That's off Capital Combat, which pre-dates the Bash, and which I watched this afternoon.

I found that in my cupboard on vhs recently. Isn't that the Robocop show?

• Awards Moderator

Just stuck on WWE Experience, so it was Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett from SmackDown. It was fine, Wade looked on Randy's level and Randy looked a star. But because it's half 11 in the morning and it was on Sky One I sense they edited the match quite significantly...

Been going through some Tagged Classics I got and next up is Backlash 2001 so the back of the case tells me it's going to be Dudley Boyz & Spike Dudley Vs. X-Pac & Justin Credible so I'll be ringing in the final year before the great reawakening by messing with the X-Factor.

I'm very fond of this show. My auntie got me this and Judgment Day of the same year on VHS for my 11th birthday and they were all I watched at one point. Shane O'Mac's dive later on during the Backlash card is one of my favourite stunts ever. Kane and Triple H's chain match always brings back good memories.

• Awards Moderator

This thread has somehow reminded me of the first match I watched in the year 2001 - I have no idea why I remember, but I can vividly recall wandering downstairs and sticking SmackDown on to watch Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Kurt Angle, which I think was for the title, and thinking Bubba was actually pretty okay by himself. Have they had a match against each other in TNA yet?

• Paid Members
Fucking Jinder Mahal vs Ted Dibiase, because I stuck Smackdown on when I woke up this morning. What an awesome first of the year. It was shit, by the way.

I was going to watch SmackDown after lunch but that sounds a soul destroying first match of the year, so I'm going to stick on one of the matches on YouTube I've got bookmarked; it will likely be Cena v Lesnar from Backlash 2003 or Bret Hart defending his US Title against Lex Luger on Nitro

• Paid Members

Just watched the most recent Impact Wrestling, the first time I've seen the show in months. Show was alright, watchable enough in general but didn't have good finishes. First match was Steiner and Abyss vs Styles and Kaz.

Not being interested in new year in the slightest, I did happen to be watching wrestling through the bells. I was watching Halloween Havoc '91 - not sure exactly which match was on at the stroke of midnight, probably either the Phantom v Z-Man or the Patriots v Enforcers. Pretty shit event btw. Still better than Starrcade:Battlebowl though, which I watched straight afterwards - that really was was a steaming big pile of turd. Was that draw even rigged???

To be honest, I had a feeling a lot of '91 WCW shows would be hard work, and so it proved. But I didn't want to skip them, and now i'm onto 1992 where i'm sure thing'll pick up - roll on Beach Blast, Superbrawl and Wrestlewar!

Archived