First wrestling match you watched of 2012

air_raid

• Paid Members

Just curious to see, the first time the wrestling bug bites you guys this new year, what the first match you watch is. OK, so I expect most people aren't watching wrestling right now, but circumstances dictate I am, so I'll go first.

I'm working my way through my 1990 WCW tapes, so my first viewing of 2012 is.. the Midnight Express VS the Southern Boys for the United States Tag Team Championship from the Great American Bash.

Go. Well, recover from your hangover, then go.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been going through some Tagged Classics I got and next up is Backlash 2001 so the back of the case tells me it's going to be Dudley Boyz & Spike Dudley Vs. X-Pac & Justin Credible so I'll be ringing in the final year before the great reawakening by messing with the X-Factor.

Would've been Tanahashi/Makabe vs Suzuki/Takayama from 12/24 as I started watching it before midnight, but turned over to watch the fireworks.

So my first match of 2012 was Nakajima/Mashimo vs Jr. Hayato/BxB Hulk seen as I fancied watching the Nakajima/Hayato feud.

• Paid Members

Good on you air raid, is there a better way to start the year than watching Midnight Express in action? I don't think so. Make their bout vs Pillman & Zenk your next one, fucking belter from around the same time.

• Paid Members
Make their bout vs Pillman & Zenk your next one, fucking belter from around the same time.

That's off Capital Combat, which pre-dates the Bash, and which I watched this afternoon.

Inspired by Air Raid in the Old School thread: Nikita Koloff & Ricky Steamboat Vs. Miracle Violence Connection from the Great American Bash 1992.

For some perverse reason, I've never watched this event before. It's great isn't it?

Archived