Over-hyped films that let you down

cobra_gordo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh Adam....

can-of-worms.jpg

This is going to cause havoc. Here's the top 10 i sent Green probably missing 1 or 2 that i couldn't remember.

1.Battle Royale

2.Gone Baby Gone

3. Zodiac

4.Girl next door

5. Superbad

6. Big Trouble in Little China

7.Cruel Intentions

8.Seven

9. American Pie 1

10. American Pie 2

Girl Next Door is better than Star Wars though.

I wasn't Trolling

Inglorious Basterds is definitely up there, if only because it tricked me; I went in thinking it would be terrible, then the opening twenty minutes are almost perfect and I was sure Tarantino had finally grown up but then Brad Pitt turns up and it's all downhill from there.

I also have to go for 2001: A Space Odyssey. The HAL stuff is perfect but everything around it is so dull, intentionally so in places, but that doesn't make it any better. Everyone talks about the cut which spans millions of years, but the cut I always think of is the Six Months Later after we just watched a spaceship float for ten minutes. Admittedly, I haven't seen many of his films, but of what I have, it leaves me thinking Kubrick is a great director but a poor filmmaker.

• Awards Moderator

The Green Mile was hyped and hyped to me by various friends and family, to the point where I watched it just to shut them whilst hoping I'd like it enough to agree with their opinion. I don't remember being so utterly bored by a film that wasn't As Good As It Gets.

I've even tried watching it again a number of years later and it seemed even worse than the first time. It baffles me that it's so well liked.

Inception was built up by critics and the normals as being the best film of the year and a genuine intellectual blockbuster. A shame it turned out to be like a GCSE student's philosophy essay directed by Michael Bay. A foetid pile of shit.

I forgot to say which film that let me down, it has to be Juno as everyone was saying how witty and clever it was, but all i saw was Ellen Page playing a total dickhead character who i wished had went the ways of Donna Mauer and this is coming from a huge Ellen fan.

• Paid Members
This is going to cause havoc. Here's the top 10 i sent Green probably missing 1 or 2 that i couldn't remember.

1.Battle Royale

2.Gone Baby Gone

3. Zodiac

4.Girl next door

5. Superbad

6. Big Trouble in Little China

7.Cruel Intentions

8.Seven

9. American Pie 1

10. American Pie 2

How very pissing well dare you.

The only conclusion I can come to from that Top 10 is that either

1) Those are the only 10 films he's ever watched or

2) He's had some sort of terrible accident leaving the portion of the brain that governs taste missing.

Archived