Over-hyped films that let you down

cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
Michael bay's got form for over-hyped films that turn out to be shit doesn't he? Like pearl harbour for example.. Has he actually made a good film?

He's made some films with stunning sequences in them, but they just dont come together as a whole.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Michael bay's got form for over-hyped films that turn out to be shit doesn't he? Like pearl harbour for example.. Has he actually made a good film?

He's made some films with stunning sequences in them, but they just dont come together as a whole.

The Rock is a fantastic film with a couple of cracking swerves as well. Bad Boys is excellent. He's capable of making a great action film but no longer seems to care beyond blowing shit up.

it leaves me thinking Kubrick is a great director but a poor filmmaker.

This is a far bigger crime than anything Fox Piss has said in this thread. How could you, Galty? :(:angry:

I've only seen 2001, A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket but all of them left me feeling cold. I watch them and I see something visually fantastic but they're just too dry to connect with. I have a copy of The Shining that I should give a watch but after being disappointed three times, it just keeps getting pushed down my queue.

• Paid Members

I might be willing to let you off as 2001 is crap, half of Full Metal Jacket isn't all that great and A Clockwork Orange isn't perhaps his best (although I liked it). If Paths Of Glory, The Shining (THE US VERSION) or The Killing don't change your mind then you're a very bad man.

Ong back - ok it was actually quite good, just I got sooo pissed off with every review I read of comparing him Bruce Lee and saying things like "the greatest martial arts film ever!" etc and clearly the people reviewing it had never seen a martial arts film before seeing this one.

the transformers films (well the first two anyway, haven't seen dark of the moon yet) are watchable but miss the point completely, they should have been solely about the war between the autobots and decepticons with little human interraction, not the other way round. the mid film plot in revenge of the fallen annoyed me greatly

daredevil is another film i was disappointed with, i'd only known briefly about the character from his guest spots on the 90's spiderman cartoon so was looking forward to seeing his backstory on screen but it was woeful.

the first x-men was the same for me, however i was only in year 7 when it came out and haven't seen it since, though i do have the wolverine film in my collection

Archived