Over-hyped films that let you down

cobra_gordo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That reminds me... Rocky IV. Twat awful. Much, much worse than Rocky V.

Don't YOU start trolling too! Let's hope Keith Houchen doesn't see this thread.

Rocky IV is superb, I watched it last night. It has Stallone's wife doing a naff Russian accent, it has Dolph Lundgren, Rocky growing a beard, a ROBOT and Rocky ending the Cold War. How it can be considered a bad film is baffling.

• Paid Members
Rocky IV is superb, I watched it last night. It has Stallone's wife doing a naff Russian accent, it has Dolph Lundgren, Rocky growing a beard, a ROBOT and Rocky ending the Cold War. How it can be considered a bad film is baffling.

Rocky's beard is pretty good, I'll grant you that - the rest? Shit, shit, and shit.

also the greatest training montage ever.

always loved rocky IV. sure its daftest of the films but thats all the fun. rocky has to take a bit of the blame for apolo dying though. surprised he didnt get lynched at the funeral. plus russia's such a nice place they stay there for a few years before coming home

Inception. It's not that I don't like this film either, it's just incredibly overrated and I get wound up whenever people use the words "amazing" "groundbreaking" and "incredible" to describe it. To me it's just a decent film that's easy to watch when I'm bored, but Oscar-worthy? Give me a fucking break.

• Paid Members

A lot of the films mentioned in this thread so far were actually pretty decent I thought (Inception, LOTR series, Star Wars, Matrix). The trick to avoiding disappointment is to not get caught up in the fucking hype in the first place, you bunch of mugs. ;) If you're the type to get overexcited about a film that's still months away from being finished, let alone released, then you're building up your expectations and asking for disappointment. Any film that is over-hyped is bound to let you down.

Archived