WrestleMania 27

Professor Paul's Bin

Changes I would of made...

Del Rio would of gone over Edge. Since his debut he was pushed SO hard even wininng a 40man royal rumble, And come mania27 they fucked him. Edge having so many mania moments to his career did'nt really need to win on that night, Edge putting over Del Rio for the world title NOT in the opener would of been a fine way to leave the business making a GENUINE star and when he came back at summerslam nobody would of loved him any less.

Punk over Orton because like Edge Orton has had his mania moments, And with what they did with Punk in the summer maybe, just maybe they would'nt of ruined Punk because he would of come off the winning side of the feud. Seeing that Orton has put over Christian, Cody and Henry this year and STILL he is unharmed I don't think adding Punk to that list would of matterd.

Lawler vs Cole obviously kept it short and sweet, Lawler batters cole in under 5 minutes.

Taker vs Triple H could of done without the 15minutes "My gawd Taker can't make it to the back by himself!" Also I would of made it a wrestling match and not a no holds barred match because I don't know what they are going to do to top this years mania next year except maybe have a hell in a cell match between the two because I think them two have hade the most H.I.A.C matches out of everyone in the compnay. (Also on a side note: They ARE going to do Taker vs Triple H [3] because since Shawn at mania 25 they have played the story as each year Taker gets close to losing the streak. This years wrestlemania COULD NOT of made that point anymore clear with the E.M.T's coming down and taking him out on that buggy thing. NOBODY in the wwf right now can go into wrestlemania28 and make people actually believe they can break the streak except Triple H. Nobody has been built up enough to do it. Mark Henry maybe could of been put in that role then he got beaten by Zack Ryder on raw so no go there. When Taker almost gets beaten by HBK "the greatest to EVER lace a pair of boots" TWICE in a row and then almost get beaten by the "king of kings" it only makes sense for the king of kings to try again because now with maina 25,26 nad 27 the bar has been raised to high for ANY midcard guy to try and break the streak.)

As it goes for the Laycool vs Trish/Snooki match I would of made it a 5 on 5 and added Alica Fox and The Bellas to the heel side. For the face side I would of added Beth, Eve, and the last place could of gone to Melina or Natalya could'nt decided who should of got the last place out of them two. It was not fair that the divas busted their arses to get better in the ring for Trish and Snooki to swoop in and take the mania paydays. I get the whole pushing Trish for tough enough and using Snooki for mainstream exposure but the divas left off the match could of got some shine and a boast to their wages too.

Ohh yeah and I would of told Cena to get that "I cant BELIEVE im putting this guy over" look off of his face during the main event. :angry:

And cut Rock's opening segment by 10 minutes, add to that the time they spent getting Taker to the back and the time not needed for the Lawler vs Cole match and had a 6-man ladder match (to fill the whole in the card that $$$ in the bank left) with Kofi vs Barrett vs Sheamus vs Bryan vs Ziggler vs Morrison. It would follow the rules of the 3way triangle match that Angle, Beniot and Jericho had at mania 16, Or you must climb the ladder for the IC title and then the person that pulls it down fucks off and the remaining 5 wrestle for the U.S title in a 5way.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Changes I would of made...

Del Rio would of gone over Edge. Since his debut he was pushed SO hard even wininng a 40man royal rumble, And come mania27 they fucked him. Edge having so many mania moments to his career did'nt really need to win on that night, Edge putting over Del Rio for the world title NOT in the opener would of been a fine way to leave the business making a GENUINE star and when he came back at summerslam nobody would of loved him any less.

Punk over Orton because like Edge Orton has had his mania moments, And with what they did with Punk in the summer maybe, just maybe they would'nt of ruined Punk because he would of come off the winning side of the feud. Seeing that Orton has put over Christian, Cody and Henry this year and STILL he is unharmed I don't think adding Punk to that list would of matterd.

Lawler vs Cole obviously kept it short and sweet, Lawler batters cole in under 5 minutes.

Taker vs Triple H could of done without the 15minutes "My gawd Taker can't make it to the back by himself!" Also I would of made it a wrestling match and not a no holds barred match because I don't know what they are going to do to top this years mania next year except maybe have a hell in a cell match between the two because I think them two have hade the most H.I.A.C matches out of everyone in the compnay. (Also on a side note: They ARE going to do Taker vs Triple H [3] because since Shawn at mania 25 they have played the story as each year Taker gets close to losing the streak. This years wrestlemania COULD NOT of made that point anymore clear with the E.M.T's coming down and taking him out on that buggy thing. NOBODY in the wwf right now can go into wrestlemania28 and make people actually believe they can break the streak except Triple H. Nobody has been built up enough to do it. Mark Henry maybe could of been put in that role then he got beaten by Zack Ryder on raw so no go there. When Taker almost gets beaten by HBK "the greatest to EVER lace a pair of boots" TWICE in a row and then almost get beaten by the "king of kings" it only makes sense for the king of kings to try again because now with maina 25,26 nad 27 the bar has been raised to high for ANY midcard guy to try and break the streak.)

As it goes for the Laycool vs Trish/Snooki match I would of made it a 5 on 5 and added Alica Fox and The Bellas to the heel side. For the face side I would of added Beth, Eve, and the last place could of gone to Melina or Natalya could'nt decided who should of got the last place out of them two. It was not fair that the divas busted their arses to get better in the ring for Trish and Snooki to swoop in and take the mania paydays. I get the whole pushing Trish for tough enough and using Snooki for mainstream exposure but the divas left off the match could of got some shine and a boast to their wages too.

Ohh yeah and I would of told Cena to get that "I cant BELIEVE im putting this guy over" look off of his face during the main event. :angry:

And cut Rock's opening segment by 10 minutes, add to that the time they spent getting Taker to the back and the time not needed for the Lawler vs Cole match and had a 6-man ladder match (to fill the whole in the card that $$$ in the bank left) with Kofi vs Barrett vs Sheamus vs Bryan vs Ziggler vs Morrison. It would follow the rules of the 3way triangle match that Angle, Beniot and Jericho had at mania 16, Or you must climb the ladder for the IC title and then the person that pulls it down fucks off and the remaining 5 wrestle for the U.S title in a 5way.

Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

I wouldn't cut any of that getting Undertaker to the back segment at all. That was ESSENTIAL to the story they spent the whole match getting over. Hell it's essential to the story they;re going to tell when The Undertaker returns for Triple H. It's a great story, and making Undertaker human again will make his eventual last run a lot better.

I don't know if I am being a complete idiot or not but I have the feeling they may do Barrett/Taker this year. It would make sense as the history has never been answered from what happened at Bragging Rights and with Barretts recent push. If he goes over Orton at TLC he could gain some major momentum. Plus with Taker being banged up it would make sense for him to against someone who he won't be required to go the full works for e.g. Barrett.

The Triple H/Taker (3) Match seem's too similar to HBK/Taker for this years Mania. Unless they end the streak (which they shouldn't end and especially not to Trips). Some may argue that he's the top dog to end the streak but what more does Triple H have to do? He's proved everything and it'd be better for his star power to be rubbed off on someone like The Miz. Plus I can imagine if the streak was to be broken it may rub some focus away from Cena/The Rock.

• Paid Members

Hunter mentioned Undertaker being finished and the streak being over on Raw.

No, I don't think Taker will soil his hands on Barratt at 'Mania 28.

• Paid Members
I don't know if I am being a complete idiot or not but I have the feeling they may do Barrett/Taker this year. It would make sense as the history has never been answered from what happened at Bragging Rights

Maybe they can tie it up with the "bigger picture", the anonymous RAW GM and all of the other unresolved and unanswered angles from down the years too.....

Meltzer did say it would be something massive for 'Taker this year....and that's not Wade

I've thought about thisfor a while, 'Mania this year was dissapointing..was watchable don't get me wrong, what I would have liked to see was either HHH and 'Taker going on last or a title match that actually mattered, firstly I thought putting Edge and Del Rio on first was wrong, biggest show of the year and your gonna put the world title match on first? and DelRio I thought personally wasnt ready for the main event spot, same sorta thing with Miz, maybe getting to the main event level put certainly not the main event of 'Mania..in my opinion, theres making it to main event in wwe and then theres the main event of 'Mania, you need to earn it I think..would have liked to see Edge vs Christian for the belt with Christian going over as a face with Edge as a heel. Cena vs Miz..once a match on ppv that was a squash match..went on last..grr lol so we go from Hogan/Andre...Hogan/Warrior...Hogan/Rock...Rock/Austin..HBK/Taker too Cena vs Miz??...anyway lol even before the match started, I was waiting for the Rock to appear..bit of a waste I thought, Lawler vs Cole..what happened at Over the Limit this year should have happened at 'Mania..and I loved the idea of loads of people like Bret..Austin etc kicking the shit outa cole afterwards...Nexus vs Kane/Show/Marella and Kingston..waste of time..match went on for like a minute? would love to have seen a handicap match really with the whole of Nexus/Corre going up against Kane/Big Show and Nash (Diesel)..Cody and Rey..Punk and Ortorn..great stuff...the Snooki thing,felt bad for Trish Stratus,Morrison and Zggler more than anyone else in that one and Daniel Bryan and Sheamus would have been a showstealer I rekcon

I was there for Wrestlemania 27 and it was a bloody good show. Not as good as it could of potentially been though. I would of:

- Given less TV time to the Cole/Lawler match. It was overdone. It should of been a short, sweet fun match in which Lawler kicked Cole's ass.

- The Main event could have been different. Less focus on the Rock. The Rock should have distracted Cena for a Miz victory. The Miz celebrates, walks out with a big smile on his face. Cocky heel finish. The Style of match should have been similar to that of The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania 17. It was too slow paced.

Apart from that it was great. Just some bizarre decisions made by the WWE creative and Vince.

I was at Wrestlemania 27 and I really can't see how you thought it was a good show.

-Pointless 8 man tag match and 6 person tag match, it took longer to get everyone to the ring than the matches actually lasted.

-Lawler vs Cole felt like it was never going to end, made the Vince vs Bret match from'26 look like a 5 star classic.

-Edge vs Del Rio match was just ok and opening with the World Heavyweight title match spoilt the flow of the show.

-The Rocks piss poor opening promo, for fucks sake I came to see wrestling.-Miz vs Cena, except for the awesome Miz promo video before the match the less said about this the better.

I enjoyed the Rey vs Cody, Orton vs Punk and Triple H vs Taker (think some people slighty overate this match).

Of course everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion but I just don't see how you thought this.

Are you serious bro? The Rock is the guy I grew up watching. I've never seen him live, it was my first Wrestlemania and i bought my ticket as soon as he was anounced to be the host of Mania 27. I would go as far to say it was the best thing i've seen live. That promo was immense. Especially live. Im shocked people think it was bad. It was the Rock back at Wrestlemania for fuck sakes!

Your other points are pretty stupid too. The tag team match was a good filler. People pay to watch WWE Superstars perform. I would'a been pissed if i didnt see the likes of the Corre or Big Show there.

I do agree with you on the Cole vs Lawler. It lasted too long.

Edge vs Del Rio was a good little match. I dont mind starting the show off with the World Title. It got the crowd going.

It was the Rock back at Wrestlemania for fuck sakes!

Yeah, some people wanted it to be good as well. It would've been better if he just stood there saying nothing for two minutes than doing a shit, contentless promo for seventy.

lol everytime i see your name on here i see this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_J9PlRvGGXS8/SgJR...is_griffin3.gif

I'm at that point now where when i read your posts I imagine that as your face but having heard your wicked mad lyrical skills last month, i know your voice is much more refined and well spoken.

I was there for Wrestlemania 27 and it was a bloody good show. Not as good as it could of potentially been though. I would of:

- Given less TV time to the Cole/Lawler match. It was overdone. It should of been a short, sweet fun match in which Lawler kicked Cole's ass.

- The Main event could have been different. Less focus on the Rock. The Rock should have distracted Cena for a Miz victory. The Miz celebrates, walks out with a big smile on his face. Cocky heel finish. The Style of match should have been similar to that of The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania 17. It was too slow paced.

Apart from that it was great. Just some bizarre decisions made by the WWE creative and Vince.

I was at Wrestlemania 27 and I really can't see how you thought it was a good show.

-Pointless 8 man tag match and 6 person tag match, it took longer to get everyone to the ring than the matches actually lasted.

-Lawler vs Cole felt like it was never going to end, made the Vince vs Bret match from'26 look like a 5 star classic.

-Edge vs Del Rio match was just ok and opening with the World Heavyweight title match spoilt the flow of the show.

-The Rocks piss poor opening promo, for fucks sake I came to see wrestling.-Miz vs Cena, except for the awesome Miz promo video before the match the less said about this the better.

I enjoyed the Rey vs Cody, Orton vs Punk and Triple H vs Taker (think some people slighty overate this match).

Of course everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion but I just don't see how you thought this.

Are you serious bro? The Rock is the guy I grew up watching. I've never seen him live, it was my first Wrestlemania and i bought my ticket as soon as he was anounced to be the host of Mania 27. I would go as far to say it was the best thing i've seen live. That promo was immense. Especially live. Im shocked people think it was bad. It was the Rock back at Wrestlemania for fuck sakes!

Your other points are pretty stupid too. The tag team match was a good filler. People pay to watch WWE Superstars perform. I would'a been pissed if i didnt see the likes of the Corre or Big Show there.

I do agree with you on the Cole vs Lawler. It lasted too long.

Edge vs Del Rio was a good little match. I dont mind starting the show off with the World Title. It got the crowd going.

Was the Rock doing his DJ Talent impersonation really the best thing you have ever seen live?

I was very critical of Wrestlemania 27 in the immediate aftermath, but after watching it again a few months ago, my opinion softened somewhat, mainly thanks to enjoying HHH/Taker much more 2nd time round. At first, whilst the last 15 minutes or so were as dramatic as it got, it had a pretty unusual structure that made it feel almost like it was joined in progress. Taking it in the context of the stipulation though, it

Archived