WrestleMania 27

Professor Paul's Bin

I've been playing WWE'12 lately and been using the WM 27 venue to hold matches in and it got me thinking about this past year's Mania at how I felt it was disappointing. The card wasn't great and the only feud which had a long build up was between commentators, sadly. Now I can imagine some people wont have any problems with the card they put out and may have enjoyed it much more than I did.

Anyway here's the card we were given and make some changes. But realistic of course.

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Rey Mysterio vs. 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes

Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston vs. The Corre

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Stone Cold Steve Austin as Special Guest Referee

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

No Holds Barred Match

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Lay-Cool

WWE Championship Match

The Miz vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

The Miz Vs John Cena

Special Guest Referee: The Rock

I was outraged with the main event. This was the main event of Mania and the attention was gave to The Rock. Rocky should have been the referee. I'm sure that wouldn't have altered they buy-rate. He didn't really do much either as "guest host" so if anything he would have delivered more to the event. At end maybe have Rocky cost Cena the match and what not. Also no involvement of the anonymous gm would have done wonders.

Celebrity Attraction Match

Snooki & Trish Stratus Vs Layla & Michelle McCool w/Vickie Guerrero

Quick squash match would have done the job. Ziggler and Morrison didn't need to be in the match they had at WM27.

Grudge Match

The Undertaker Vs Wade Barrett

This is what should have happened. Barrett had a good year in 2010 and sadly it went downhill. Personally I didn't enjoy Trips/Taker and didn't enjoy the build up either. Many of us thought they would have done this match when they built the stepping stones at Bragging Rights but nah they didn't.

Loser Must Leave Raw

Michael Cole w/Swagger Vs Jerry Lawler w/Jim Ross

The original match went on for far too long. The match should have ended there and then. There next 2 matches at Extreme Rules and Over The Limit were a waste of time. Maybe a ref bump and Austin interferes? Would have been better than the shite we saw.

Grudge Match

CM Punk Vs Randy Orton

Enjoyed there match and feud. No problem again

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge Vs Christian

Del Rio was pushed too quick and he could have made a promo during the event hyping himself up. Instead him losing to Edge kinda killed his momentum he has gained through winning the rumble and throughout the year this momentum would continue to be killed even more. Now that Edge has retired I feel abit gutted how we didnt get Edge/Christian at Mania. I'm sure it would have been a classic. Christian could have won the Rumble then turned on his long time friend Edge.

8 Man Tables Match

Kofi Kingston, Santino, Kane and Big Show Vs Slater, Gabriel, Jackson & some other member of the nexus/Corre

I feel that with the MITB match being took away from Mania we are missing a spot match and with a simple stipulation this could have been a memorable match. The squash we saw at Mania wasn't too great between these lot. They could have easily filled Barretts spot in the match with someone from The Corre. Maybe even of had Punk/Barrett as co-leaders both trying to dominate both brands?

Grudge Match

Rey Mysterio Vs Cody Rhodes

I really enjoyed this match and their feud last year. No problem with it.

WWE United States Championship

Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs John Morrison

One of the keys to a good PPV is a decent opener. A multi-man match like this featuring talent who all deserved to be on the card would have been brilliant. A few spots and what not to get the crowd hyped for the event. Doesn't even need to be a long match and wouldn't have been difficult to book.

Pretty much changed the entire card. It would have been nice for Triple H to take a back seat to the event. Rocky not to have been the "guest host" and none of that anonymous GM bollocks. Obviously scrap the opening promo with The Rock and cut down the time of some of the matches and it would have been a better Mania to what we were given. I don't think it's too ambitious and think it would have been possible.

So what changes would you make to the original WrestleMania 27 card?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Corre only had 4 members (Gabriel, Slater, Jackson + Barrett) so they coudn't have done the 8 man tag match with someone else. Also The Corre didn't get on with Nexus so they couldn't have picked a member of them.

With Christain beating Del Rio in the build-up I'd have put him in the World Title match and had him win it.

I was there for Wrestlemania 27 and it was a bloody good show. Not as good as it could of potentially been though. I would of:

- Given less TV time to the Cole/Lawler match. It was overdone. It should of been a short, sweet fun match in which Lawler kicked Cole's ass.

- The Main event could have been different. Less focus on the Rock. The Rock should have distracted Cena for a Miz victory. The Miz celebrates, walks out with a big smile on his face. Cocky heel finish. The Style of match should have been similar to that of The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania 17. It was too slow paced.

Apart from that it was great. Just some bizarre decisions made by the WWE creative and Vince.

- Given less TV time to the Cole/Lawler match. It was overdone.

Understatement of the year! :(

God I hated that, I could swear the whole thing lasted half an hour, just as bad as the previous year of Bret Hart and family beating the hell out of Vince mcMahon.

I'd have 5 minutes of Lawler vs Cole, Lawler wins, Cole gets commupance, job done we move on....not drag it out forever and ever....

i tink the Rocks involvement was shit if i'm honest, the first 10 minute promo he did i'm sure we all could have lived without, I'd get Sheamus and Christian and a few others who didn't get on the show on there.

I think Del Rio should have won, had Edge not retired. The loss absolutely killed his momentum.

• Paid Members

Not entirely sure exactly how I would have pieced the card together, except that I might have found something more important for Ziggler to do after his Edge feud and World title micro-reign, and Morrison after some good performances on PPV. As it was, they both seemed rather inconsequential midcarders squeezed into a match where any two talents could have done the same job, Ryder and Swagger for example.

I also would have Cena and Punk ride the storyline they had started with Punk taking control of the Nexus all the way to 'Mania. It seemed strong enough a build, those first couple of weeks in particular were really fun. Around Rumble time I admit I had Punk/Cena and Miz/Orton pencilled in for 'Mania, not banking on Del Rio winning the Rumble, although they could have still had Del Rio/Edge on the same card with the two Raw matches rearranged.

Honestly while Trips/Sheamus and Taker/Barratt made sense from a storyline point of view, I wouldn't have wanted to be denied the build up, and personally I enjoyed the match, especially the last five minutes.

The only thing i would of changed, would of been to have the US title match. Other than that, maybe have Del rio win the belt, as that loss made him look weak considering his build up.

I was there for Wrestlemania 27 and it was a bloody good show. Not as good as it could of potentially been though. I would of:

- Given less TV time to the Cole/Lawler match. It was overdone. It should of been a short, sweet fun match in which Lawler kicked Cole's ass.

I want you to die.

Not entirely sure exactly how I would have pieced the card together, except that I might have found something more important for Ziggler to do after his Edge feud and World title micro-reign, and Morrison after some good performances on PPV. As it was, they both seemed rather inconsequential midcarders squeezed into a match where any two talents could have done the same job, Ryder and Swagger for example.

I also would have Cena and Punk ride the storyline they had started with Punk taking control of the Nexus all the way to 'Mania. It seemed strong enough a build, those first couple of weeks in particular were really fun. Around Rumble time I admit I had Punk/Cena and Miz/Orton pencilled in for 'Mania, not banking on Del Rio winning the Rumble, although they could have still had Del Rio/Edge on the same card with the two Raw matches rearranged.

Honestly while Trips/Sheamus and Taker/Barratt made sense from a storyline point of view, I wouldn't have wanted to be denied the build up, and personally I enjoyed the match, especially the last five minutes.

The only thing i would of changed, would of been to have the US title match. Other than that, maybe have Del rio win the belt, as that loss made him look weak considering his build up.

I want you to die.

I would want you to die too. It should happen. :thumbsup:

- The Main event could have been different. Less focus on the Rock. The Rock should have distracted Cena for a Miz victory. The Miz celebrates, walks out with a big smile on his face. Cocky heel finish. The Style of match should have been similar to that of The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania 17. It was too slow paced.

Apart from that it was great. Just some bizarre decisions made by the WWE creative and Vince.

I was at Wrestlemania 27 and I really can't see how you thought it was a good show.

-Pointless 8 man tag match and 6 person tag match, it took longer to get everyone to the ring than the matches actually lasted.

-Lawler vs Cole felt like it was never going to end, made the Vince vs Bret match from'26 look like a 5 star classic.

-Edge vs Del Rio match was just ok and opening with the World Heavyweight title match spoilt the flow of the show.

-The Rocks piss poor opening promo, for fucks sake I came to see wrestling.

-Miz vs Cena, except for the awesome Miz promo video before the match the less said about this the better.

I enjoyed the Rey vs Cody, Orton vs Punk and Triple H vs Taker (think some people slighty overate this match).

Of course everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion but I just don't see how you thought this.

Changes:

4-way WWE title match

THE MIZ (Champion) vs JOHN CENA vs CM PUNK vs RANDY ORTON

If this was the title match, you could still have had so much of the build-up focus on Rock and Cena without leaving the champion completely overshadowed. In a sense, I think Miz doing the "look at me!" thing in the background of the Rock vs Cena feud was an interesting story, but it didn't really work out. So he could've still knocked about with Punk and Orton in the build-up. Plus the Punk vs Orton feud was a really shitty generic Babyface vs Heel Faction Leader feud anyway. And Rock could've knocked fuck out of Nexus at WrestleMania as they tried to interfere.

I'd shorten and rewrite Rock's shitty show-opening promo. Perhaps make it a backstage thing.

And I'd knock five minutes off Cole vs Lawler. With the time saved from that and combining two matches into a four-way, I'd make a few matches longer. The Snooki tag match and the Corre eight-man, which I'd also make a tables match (good shout from whoever suggested that).

Keep the same:

UNDERTAKER vs TRIPLE H

REY MYSTERIO vs CODY RHODES

EDGE vs ALBERTO DEL RIO (but lose the car wrecking bit afterwards)

The Rock backstage segments (I might change details of them, but I liked that it kept going back to them)

I suggested the tables match. I just feel since Wrestlemania 16 & 17 there is a need a multi man spot match and I feel that manias 18,19,20 lacked this and prevented them from being more memorable Mania. With MITB being saved for a concept PPV there should be a similar replacement. Personally I can see them putting the MITB back on Mania in the near future.

Am I the only one who didn't like Triple H/Taker? Trips entrance was really sweet though with Metallica intro. Many fans have argued about the story the match told but it wasn't my cup of tea. Seemed like spot after spot and Trips making himself look strong. A "banned" chair shot to the head too? Really despised the build up too. Don't get me wrong I like both guys. I highly rate there match at Mania 17.

Grudge Match

The Undertaker Vs Wade Barrett

This is what should have happened. Barrett had a good year in 2010 and sadly it went downhill. Personally I didn't enjoy Trips/Taker and didn't enjoy the build up either. Many of us thought they would have done this match when they built the stepping stones at Bragging Rights but nah they didn't.

The streak has been built up for so long that you need a genuine superstar who fans believe has a chance of beating the Undertaker to oppose him at WM. Wade Barrett is NOT that man. He had a decent 2010, that

Archived