Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard, UFC 125Ben Henderson vs Clay Guida, UFC on Fox 1Dan Henderson vs Mauricio Rua, UFC 139EDIT: Could've just quoted Cum Doctor.

Edited by opcws
Posted (edited)

Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua - UFC 139

Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida - UFC on Fox 1

Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard - UFC 125

Edited by hbk4life
  • Paid Members
Posted

Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua - UFC 139

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler - Bellator 58

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard - UFC 125

 

Was a hell of a year for great fights, probably the best 12 months in MMA history. But that's my best 3. Any of them would be deserving winner of FOTY.

Posted
Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua - UFC 139

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler - Bellator 58

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard - UFC 125

 

Was a hell of a year for great fights, probably the best 12 months in MMA history. But that's my best 3. Any of them would be deserving winner of FOTY.

 

I've picked the same fights as you and I'm also in agreement that 2011 is the best year in MMA history. Our only disagreement is on the actual FOTY. I believe it's Edgar/Maynard II and if they don't get it, Alvarez/Chandler should.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah and there's about 20 great fights underneath them that could easily have been FOTY any other year. Really has been a cracking year.

 

My FOTY was Hendo vs Shogun but Alvarez vs Chandler from the same night and Edgar/Maynard 2 ran it fucking close.

  • Moderators
Posted

Seeing as how Lesnar's amazing comeback going to happen too late to be able to be nominated, I'll go with a (clearly distant) second choice of Shogun/Hendo.

 

My second choice is admittedly not technically the best fight of the year, but I enjoyed the hell of seeing Wanderlei get a convincing win, so I'll go with the Wanderlei/Cung Le match from 139.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...