[Nominations] Best MMA Fight of 2011

Chest Rockwell

Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann (March 3rd)

Shogun Rua vs Jon Jones (March 19th)

Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry (June 26th)

(Hendo vs Shogun and Guida vs Henderson were my two favourites, but they already have enough votes to make the shortlist).

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

Yeah Edgar vs Maynard 2 deffo deserves to be in the top 3 I reckon.

If it doesn't then it's most likely because, as you say, there's been tons of worthy candidates this year. And also the fact that fight was almost a year ago now probably goes against it cos it's not as fresh in people's memory as fights like Hendo/Shogun, Alvarez/Chandler, Guida vs Bendo and Penn vs Diaz which were all in the last 2-3 months.

Yeah Edgar vs Maynard 2 deffo deserves to be in the top 3 I reckon.

If it doesn't then it's most likely because, as you say, there's been tons of worthy candidates this year. And also the fact that fight was almost a year ago now probably goes against it cos it's not as fresh in people's memory as fights like Hendo/Shogun, Alvarez/Chandler, Guida vs Bendo and Penn vs Diaz which were all in the last 2-3 months.

We're in agreement. I love Edgar/Maynard 2 as Edgar survived a thrashing by Maynard in the first to come back and take the second round like he did. Edgar/Maynard 2 was an amazing back and forth fight. I also liked the difference in opinion with how people scored the fight either for Edgar, others Maynard or a draw. It's one of my favourite ever fights, certainly top ten and possibly top five.

I haven't counted the votes in the thread but I think it might be missing out on top three and that for me is wrong.

Edited by The Natural