It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That last page took the fucking piss. No need at all to ruin the outcome of something completely unlinked, especially when 'not' in spoiler tags. The spoiler tags are bad enough, even after avoiding the obvious threads, I enter an unlinked thread and find out that cranks will indeed be cranks.

If you ever kick the ball over the fence in to my garden, I'll pop the bastard.

• Paid Members

Word to the wise. Rules regarding spoilers are obviously there as a means of damage control, but here's a thought - if you want to avoid spoilers for anything, don't go somewhere it might be discussed. Why even take that chance? It's like when they teach you about motorway driving - the safest way to procede is to assume everyone else is an idiot.

I know what you're thinking, "why should I have to?" Fine, but that's cutting your nose off to spite your face. Having the lack of patience in terms of coming on here before getting to see the fight strikes me as being something anyone should try and arrest. When I Sky+ tomorrows nights Raw, guess what I do to keep it spoiler free until I get to watch it? Avoid this place like the plague, and Facebook. Because I'm not a slave to the internet.

Keeping yourself spoiler-free for wrestling or a fight is not hard. You can choose to make it hard.

Word to the wise. Rules regarding spoilers are obviously there as a means of damage control, but here's a thought - if you want to avoid spoilers for anything, don't go somewhere it might be discussed.

The problem is, people would come into this thread NOT expecting it to be discussed. Why would it have been? I had zero reason to expect to come in here and see that. Now, I won't come on here, click on threads and not expect to possibly have RAW, Smackdown or PPV spoilers put in front of me, so I don't do it. This is a bit different.

What is even MORE mind boggling however is the continued discussion AFTER this has been pointed out. They don't give a fuck, or they are just completely stupid.

• Paid Members

Missed the point. "Why would it have been?" is up there with "Why should I?" It's a board where MMA is discussed AT ALL, so avoid it. Take no chances.

The stars aligning so that the result of an MMA fight being relevant to the discussion in a non-MMA thread is of course unfortunate, but like I said, take no chances. Facebook, Twitter, here. All bona fide sources of things being ruined, so avoid them. Think you can log onto the Premier League thread, for example, on Monday 30th without some twat ruining the result of the Rumble for you? I personally won't be taking that chance.

That's my counsel for everyone, for all things that could be spoiled, for the foreseeable future. Take it or leave it.

• Paid Members

I have to disagree air raid mate, I understand your point, hence why I avoided any possible realistic link to the world of ufc. The rules on here are fair and just relating spoilers, and like you said it's unfortunate that people have decided to ignore the obvious and avert from common sense. This thread has nothing to do with ufc, and is something I have viewed for the past few days. Spoilers are spoilers, but common sense surely should provail and the numptys posting ufc spoilers in a wwe video package thread need to shake their heads.

I was happy enough to read spoiler tags in this thread as there was no obvious threat of spoiling the outcome of a ufc event.

Anyway it is what it is, just annoying.

• Paid Members

.... maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I have to disagree air raid mate, I understand your point, hence why I avoided any possible realistic link to the world of ufc.

You didn't do a particularly good job then, did you mate?

If there was no "possible realistic link to world of ufc" then I'd have my wish, and all the MMA bollocks would be in Off Topic, as this is a pro wrestling forum, and MMA isn't pro-wrestling. Is the link "realistic?" Well, realistic enough that the result made it's way into the thread, yes? I've no great desire to keep discussing the ins and outs of this particular instance, I don't give a shit about UFC, but my point to avoid future bedwetting holds true :

If you are trying to watch something pre-recorded and stay spoiler-free, avoid places of discussion on the internet. Facebook, Twitter, HERE. Go directly to GFL or your Sky+ box, do not pass Go, do not collect

I may be wrong here but surely once something has been shown on TV it's kinda beyond spoilers, I mean how long are we not allowed to talk about a subject after it's happened? I was looking at a thread the other day and someone mentioned something that happened in the past which I hadn't seen, technically spoiling it for me. Are we supposed to put spoiler tags for everything that's happened in the past? I mean once it's been on TV it should be allowed to be talked about surely.

Also since this thread is about a former WWE superstar returning and one of the guys mentioned in the spoiler is a former WWE superstar (A superstar that there has been alot of speculation in the last couple years about possibly returning) then surely there is a chance that it may be brought up. So I agree with Air Raid, if you want to avoid results then avoid anywhere that may reveal them. I've never really got the big deal about not using spoilers, I mean it's happened to me in the past and I really didn't care. So I've found out the winner of a match before I got to see it, is that really the end of the world.

I now await the replies calling me a Twat

A bit late, but surely it's Enrico Polazzo?

It all makes sense. if you the hypotenuse of the 1st triangle in the New WWE Network logo, and then times it by number of times the boy and girl speak and appear and then divide it by the number of weeks that WWF New York was open, (days with S's in removed).

et voila or something?

PS. UFC? should there be boxing spoilers as well, given the amount of discussion that has off topic (im joking btw), where will the madness end???

• Paid Members
I may be wrong here but surely once something has been shown on TV it's kinda beyond spoilers, I mean how long are we not allowed to talk about a subject after it's happened? I was looking at a thread the other day and someone mentioned something that happened in the past which I hadn't seen, technically spoiling it for me. Are we supposed to put spoiler tags for everything that's happened in the past? I mean once it's been on TV it should be allowed to be talked about surely.

Also since this thread is about a former WWE superstar returning and one of the guys mentioned in the spoiler is a former WWE superstar (A superstar that there has been alot of speculation in the last couple years about possibly returning) then surely there is a chance that it may be brought up. So I agree with Air Raid, if you want to avoid results then avoid anywhere that may reveal them. I've never really got the big deal about not using spoilers, I mean it's happened to me in the past and I really didn't care. So I've found out the winner of a match before I got to see it, is that really the end of the world.

go read the rules of the forum. Not everyone can be expected to watch something immediately, especially when it airs so late at night. Air raids point is valid, but that doesn't excuse anything. It's common sense and decency and shouldn't really need to be discussed at any length

I'm not going to call you a twat, but I couldn't agree less with the first paragraph. Especially considering the principle subject matter on this forum is one that tends to be on TV as we're all asleep or at work due to it taking place in another country. It's a massive ask to get everybody to watch Raw at 2 in the morning on a Monday for example so nobody has to use spoiler tags. Likewise with PPVs or live UFC.

I do think it's best to just keep away from things like this if you're trying to avoid something, BUT I would also be pretty miffed if somebody spoiled say, a film or TV ending in a wrestling thread, where I would expect to be safe from such gubbins. And I'd put MMA in the same category as those, for the benefit of this debate anyway.

No that's fair enough really that it's the rules but I what I really mean is that if it has already been shown on TV then there is a very high chance that it will get mentioned, so while I agree that the person who left the spoiler should have left a little warning I really dont think that people should react so surprisingly and pissed off if they accidently find out. I wouldn't be, as I would know that the risk of it being mentioned is there and if I accidently find out the result then it's a shame but that's life. Things dont always go to plan. No need to over react and start abusing someone for making a little mistake.

Also actually after reading the first paragraph of my reply I do agree I sound a bit of a tit. I'm not saying that spoilers shouldn't be used I just think that once it's shown on the TV it is out there and people will mention it, sometimes unintentionally. I've done it in the past without realising and I think that if you havent watched something live and you do end up hearing about it before it happens, then you just have to accept that if you spend time on a wrestling forum then theres a chance that will happen. Going nuts about it is just over the top

Archived