It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, the best original Nation member apart from chunky D'Lo. The way he allowed Ahmed to annihilate him with that Pearl River hiptoss through the table at Royal Rumble was incredible, and I still piss myself to this day remembering some letter to Power Slam that declared "D'Lo Brown is a tub of guts in a silly hat."

Just to be pedantic, but I don't think that was D-Lo, it was just some un-named bald lackey. I asked the question a few months ago, thinking it may have been one of the USWA NoD crew, but the best I got back was that it was just one of their mates or something. D-Lo did take a pretty nutty pearl river plunge onto the roof of a car out in the street though, it was on one of those early Shotgun nightclub Shows.

Lesnar/Taker would be great for WM. If they do intend to make Takers match the next big attraction after Cena/Rock then there's only really a handful of guys in the world you could have - and Lesnar's definitely one of them. I'd still have them go with a big nostalgic gauntlet match v foes from the past 20 years though! :)

• Paid Members
Just to be pedantic, but I don't think that was D-Lo, it was just some un-named bald lackey.

Don't be daft, I implore you to be pedantic. It's exactly the kind of thing I would correct.

I'll watch Rumble 97 after Match of the Day, just in case.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It's Lesnar and Sable I think. The timing's is too coincidental, Lesnar retiring from MMA a couple of days before, I think he had a good idea he would lose to Overeem, and had a verbal agreement to do Wrestlemania with WWE if he lost. If he won his fight and stayed in MMA, the vigenettes could easily be explained as Undertaker, and Lesnar could return down the road for a one shot deal.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

What a fucking bell end you are, you could of at least said it spoiled last nights UFC before hand then I wouldnt of opened it

Yeah, but had I written that, it would have been blatantly obvious to everyone what I was referring to, and there'd be no point in spoiler tags. Unless Nam Pham's coming to WWE to take over the Sin Cara gimmick. I know my idea about Lesnar is far-fetched, but this thread is full of them. To those who watched UFC 141, it was clear that Lesnar was mentally checked out. In some ways, he looked downright petrified before the fight. Definitely didn't exude a fighter's confidence.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It's Lesnar and Sable I think. The timing's is too coincidental, Lesnar retiring from MMA a couple of days before, I think he had a good idea he would lose to Overeem, and had a verbal agreement to do Wrestlemania with WWE if he lost. If he won his fight and stayed in MMA, the vigenettes could easily be explained as Undertaker, and Lesnar could return down the road for a one shot deal.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

What a fucking bell end you are, you could of at least said it spoiled last nights UFC before hand then I wouldnt of opened it

Yeah, but had I written that, it would have been blatantly obvious to everyone what I was referring to, and there'd be no point in spoiler tags. Unless Nam Pham's coming to WWE to take over the Sin Cara gimmick. I know my idea about Lesnar is far-fetched, but this thread is full of them. To those who watched UFC 141, it was clear that Lesnar was mentally checked out. In some ways, he looked downright petrified before the fight. Definitely didn't exude a fighter's confidence.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Dana white clearly stated after the fight that brock is still under contract with the ufc and wont be going anywhere soon! If it is brock then vince would have to pay brock more then he will lose from being terminated from the ufc. I cant see brock leaving dana white like that. Also he got beat up friday night theres no way he wil be fit enough to be at raw.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Dana white clearly stated after the fight that brock is still under contract with the ufc and wont be going anywhere soon! If it is brock then vince would have to pay brock more then he will lose from being terminated from the ufc. I cant see brock leaving dana white like that. Also he got beat up friday night theres no way he wil be fit enough to be at raw.

I don't know how ufc contracts work, but I was under the impression that a competitor's key income is the fight purse. Therefore if Brock has retired, then his future ufc earnings are zero anyway.

Also didn't Brock successfully move to ufc and get out of his wwe non compete by successfully arguing that wwe and ufc are two different types of employment? My memory isnt great on this so excuse if i remember it incorrectly. Could he not feasibly use the same argument to get out of his ufc contract, or failing that, reach a deal with ufc privately? After all ufc (from a legal argument stand point) could be painted as wankers to stop a man earning a living, especially as he is now too sick to compete in mma.

Side note : I don't think it's lesnar... In fact I'm in the camp that would believe that to be ridiculous.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I don't know how ufc contracts work, but I was under the impression that a competitor's key income is the fight purse. Therefore if Brock has retired, then his future ufc earning are zero anyway.

Also didn't Brock successfully move to ufc and get out of his wwe non compete by successfully arguing that wwe and ufc are two different types of employment? My memory isnt great on this so excuse if i remember it incorrectly. Could he not feasibly use the same argument to get out of his ufc contract, or failing that, reach a deal with ufc privately? After all ufc (from a legal argument stand point) could be painted as wankers to stop a man earning a living, especially as he is now too sick to compete in mma.

Didn't he take WWE to court so that his no-compete clause could be stoped so he could wrestle in Japan?

Well, Lesnar was already mentioned as an outside chance earlier in the thread (I'd wager mostly as a joke), but this development does complicate things. Many, many places on the Internet are discussing the possibility of a WWE return for Brock Lesnar- just Google Search his name to see what I mean.

Of course, it could just be repetitive Undertaker hype that completely obliterates all excitement and speculation going on. :(

Yes, there are currently a lot of rumours about Lesnar's return to WWE. Very few have claimed that he'll return tommorow night after striking a deal with Vinnie Mac because he thought he'd lose against Overeem, you spanner.

The bit about Lesnar having a contingency plan in case he lost to Overeem was probably OTT, I posted right after the PPV and my brain was a bit scrambled. That said, it's really no worse an idea than earlier in the thread when a "newz site" said that WWE were running these videos with the hope of signing Jericho, but being ready to use Taker if that didn't plan out.

Anyway, I'd rather have fun speculating unrealistically than be bored to tears by Taker's 11245th return. It may be idiotic, but at least this mystery is a good reason to anticipate Raw. :)

Archived