Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Stopped reading at:

3. You have no respect for the business!

If I had no respect for it, would I have put 20 years in it? Really a foolish question.

That's not even a question. I thought you were a writer, Vince?

1. What on earth were you thinking when you put the title on David Arquette!?

WCW needed attention fast at the time because WWE was killing them in the ratings. It was an all-out publicity stunt that worked.

I don't know maybe someone will tell me that purely by the attention generated that it worked but I am pretty sure it didn't. It didn't to the point that it is what you would call a fuck up.

• Paid Members

Poor Tony Schiavone gets the blame for everything. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say on his upcoming Austin podcast. One of the few major Monday Night Wars players we'd haven't heard from ad nauseam.

• Paid Members
Poor Tony Schiavone gets the blame for everything. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say on his upcoming Austin podcast. One of the few major Monday Night Wars players we'd haven't heard from ad nauseam.

Tony Schiavone is going to be on Austin's podcast?! When?

• Paid Members
Tony Schiavone is going to be on Austin's podcast?! When?

He's going to be on JR's podcast. Dont know about Austin's. Austin slagged him off on there recently, so I never heard about him going on Austin's show.

Did I imagine that at one point in the past five years or so there was brief talk of Russo going back to WWE?

Russo is a talking head on DVDs and the Network for them.

• Paid Members

I always stick up for Schiavone but he does seem to get a kicking from a few people which is easy enough to do since he's out of the business and doesn't seem that bothered anymore. He brought far more of an actual sportscaster type feel to wrestling than JR ever did for me. Guy was good at his job though he did begin to phone it in towards the end.

• Paid Members

I could never take Chris Hero seriously - he had the worst gear ever.

01.jpg

Match quality was irrelevant; people used to rave about his matches in IWA & PWG - but I could never look past how ridiculous his shite pleathery pants & Superman shirt was, & how out of shape he looked too.

He was the one "top" indie guy I never saw any appeal in whatsoever - at least Styles, Low Ki, Bryan, Daniels, Paul London, Spanky, CM Punk, etc, actually looked like they hit a gym & took it seriously.

Edited by herbie747