Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

For all we know Goldberg is excited to get that pop when he returns, he's just playing it down to take away WWE's leverage. Doesn't mean he cares less about the business or the fans, just that if he is going to make his last appearance in the ring he is going to get one last good pay day

- WWE may have parted ways with Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, the real Sin Cara, on Monday by informing him just a few hours before RAW. We're still waiting on confirmation of his departure.

Hunico will be working as Sin Cara going forward but may not be behind the mask permanently as there's already talk of bringing someone up from NXT to play the character.

WWE chose not to kill off the Sin Cara character completely because his merchandise has done well and there's a feeling that they have built up a character that pays into the colorful personality of WWE. The feeling is that the character didn't fail but the performer who played the character failed.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backst...acter_More.html

Edited by KingOfMetal

- WWE may have parted ways with Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, the real Sin Cara, on Monday by informing him just a few hours before RAW. We're still waiting on confirmation of his departure.

Hunico will be working as Sin Cara going forward but may not be behind the mask permanently as there's already talk of bringing someone up from NXT to play the character.

WWE chose not to kill off the Sin Cara character completely because his merchandise has done well and there's a feeling that they have built up a character that pays into the colorful personality of WWE. The feeling is that the character didn't fail but the performer who played the character failed.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backst...acter_More.html

During the battle of the Sin Caras i actually thought sending Mistico to NXT and letting Hunico run with the Sin Cara character was a great idea. He clearly works better in a WWE environment. So i think Hunico taking the mask is a great move and hopefully he can take the character somewhere, as the kids still love it. Not sure what i think about him only being a transitional Cara though, the guy is fully equipped to be the character full time IMO. But if it's someone from NXT they're thinking of bringing up, it has to be Neville right?

• Paid Members

Neville!?! Actually that's a great idea, it should be a blatantly different person playing Sin Cara all the time. The tattoo with Hunico was a good start. Next put the clearly not Hispanic Neville out there, then that huge Bulgarian fella from NXT, then ginger bollocks Sami Zayn, then Emma... and so on. I could get behind that.

Seriously though, as a permanent replacement it should be Primo all the live long day. Tremendous babyface and could do really well with it I reckon. Hunico hasn't got the same in-ring personality he has. Replace Primo in Los Matoadores with Hunico if you have to keep them going.

Neville!?! Actually that's a great idea, it should be a blatantly different person playing Sin Cara all the time. The tattoo with Hunico was a good start. Next put the clearly not Hispanic Neville out there, then that huge Bulgarian fella from NXT, then ginger bollocks Sami Zayn, then Emma... and so on. I could get behind that.

Seriously though, as a permanent replacement it should be Primo all the live long day. Tremendous babyface and could do really well with it I reckon. Hunico hasn't got the same in-ring personality he has. Replace Primo in Los Matoadores with Hunico if you have to keep them going.

LOL.. The Neville suggestion is merely based on the guys i know of in NXT currently with a good high flying style and small build. Although i actually fully agree Primo would be a great fit if the Matadores gimmick is dropped. As for Hunico, he was much better than Mistico in the role when he came in as Sin Cara Negro. He's a lot better wrestling the US style and didn't botch things. Given a full run as the character i feel he has serious potential. Some irony in there somewhere too as he was the original Misitco.

• Awards Moderator

LOL.. The Neville suggestion is merely based on the guys i know of in NXT currently with a good high flying style and small build. Although i actually fully agree Primo would be a great fit if the Matadores gimmick is dropped. As for Hunico, he was much better than Mistico in the role when he came in as Sin Cara Negro. He's a lot better wrestling the US style and didn't botch things. Given a full run as the character i feel he has serious potential. Some irony in there somewhere too as he was the original Misitco.

I don't suppose Sami Zayn would be any good as Sin Cara? He's got the moves, he's got experience of communicating through body language from when he was El Generico... and if you regenerate Cara again after that, he can re-debut unmasked and nobody would ever know.

• Paid Members

I love the idea of Sin Cara as a timelord.

Is there actually anyone in NXT who's hispanic?

The Matadores will get binned off soon, they're already doing WWE Shop segments, which is usually the last thing you do before getting overhauled/released
Have any of the people in those segments had either of those things happen to them yet?

Tensai went from advertising those brawling figures with Brodus Clay to the dancing buffoon he is now. Thats all I can think of right now though.

Alright, so maybe I did exageate it a bit, but if the only thing your doing on TV is plugging merchandise which doesn't even feature themselves, its safe to assume that time isn't on their side

• Paid Members
I don't suppose Sami Zayn would be any good as Sin Cara? He's got the moves, he's got experience of communicating through body language from when he was El Generico... and if you regenerate Cara again after that, he can re-debut unmasked and nobody would ever know.

He's got the ginger chest hair and pale skin combo. It cant be done. You just cant manage that 52 weeks a year.

• Awards Moderator

He's got the ginger chest hair and pale skin combo. It cant be done. You just cant manage that 52 weeks a year.

I knew about the paleness, but forgot about the ginger chest hair. If, however, we run with the idea of Sin Cara as a Time Lord, we can just cover it up with a massive colourful scarf or something.

Tensai went from advertising those brawling figures with Brodus Clay to the dancing buffoon he is now. Thats all I can think of right now though.

What?

Tensai has been dancing around with Brodus Clay for nearly a year now, and presumably was either already doing that or was very close to doing so when they did adverts together. What advert was this?

Los Matadores are probably doing the adverts because they've already wrestled 3MB twelve times on television and there aren't any other teams to feed to them. Which could be a reason to sack them off completely as well, but I think they're banking on the bull bringing in some big merch money and live reactions.

Edited by King Pitcos

Think it was back-end of 2012. He did that bit then got a gimmick overhaul from Japanese-monster thing to dancing fatguy.

Without getting totally into the logic, I don't understand why Los Matadores have a bull friend if they are supposed to be bull fighters. They should come out with a mounted bulls head to indicate their bull fighting prowess

Edited by KingOfMetal