Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

from 411mania.com

- For those who were wondering how The Marine 3: Homefront did on home video, The Numbers has some belated sales numbers. The film, which released on Blu-Ray and DVD on March 5th, opened at #13 with 51,934 in its first week and went to #19 in its second week with another 37,320 sold for a total of 89,254 units during that time. The film's gross sales numbers during that time was $1,335,240.

Further weeks of sales aren't yet available.

The Call made like $50 million and did great too, but Meltzer says it hasn't saved the movie division, just given it a reprieve. They still lost a lot with Dead Man Down even if The Call balanced it out,, so at the end of the year they'll look at how the other movies do (No One Lives, 12 Rounds Reloaded) then decide if they want to dismantle their film division.

Was The Call particularly successful?

What's going on with David Otunga? I just presumed that the film bombed and he'd been cast into exile. It's surprising he wasn't rolled out on TV to shill the film, it's even more surprising that they didn't give him a mini push based on its success.

Yes, The Call is WWE's only theatrical success. Otunga was on WWE TV (as well as talk shows) a few times around the release, but I'm confused as to what's happening with him. Last year he was quite prominent, but he's barely been on the last six months. Might be as repackaging thing, or because he's a bit rubbish in the ring. I miss his music.

He's not rubbish enough to matter that much to them is he?

They've done far more with far less a hundred bajillion times.

It's always surprised me that they haven't put a lot more of the machine behind him. On the surface, even more so now, he looks like the WWE's wet dream. He's married to an actual star, he's built like a Greek god, he's got a real life talent/skill set/profession that can be manipulated onscreen and now he's a part of their most successful film.

He's not rubbish enough to matter that much to them is he?

They've done far more with far less a hundred bajillion times.

It's always surprised me that they haven't put a lot more of the machine behind him. On the surface, even more so now, he looks like the WWE's wet dream. He's married to an actual star, he's built like a Greek god, he's got a real life talent/skill set/profession that can be manipulated onscreen and now he's a part of their most successful film.

That's what makes me think it might be a repackaging thing - if they've got big plans for him, they might think the wimpy lawyer gimmick is doing more harm than good.

• Paid Members

So Ric 'Heavy Metal' Savage's new TV program has started on the UK History Channel. It's possibly been mentioned in the past but thought it was worth a mention as it has started airing over here.

He basically owns a company that digs peoples gardens up due to the land once being linked to gold mining or part of the civil war battle field etc etc. He and his team dig for treasure, sell what ever they find and share the coin with the owner. It's called American Digger and it's a pile of shite.

It's scripted to fuck and I can't help but think that the 'treasure' is planted. Anyway, I'm always interested to see what wrestlers whom didn't reach the top are doing now. Heavy Metal barely reached the bottom in fairness. I remember him from ECW, but not from WCW.

Ric_Savage.jpg

His Wiki page

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

So, in the latest installment of "wacky Chael Sonnen news", a spokesperson has told TMZ that Sonnen plans to buy the WWE. WWE responded saying that he is welcome to buy shares as it is a publicly traded company.

Out of curiosity, I'm moseying through the WWE Corporate site trying to find out about shares, and I stumbled across some interesting notes on the Wellness Policy that would affect the employment of Superstars like Chris Masters, as well as guys on their second strike like Mysterio and Orton.

Does a WWE Talent who leaves WWE with a strike or strikes retain those infractions if they return to WWE?

Any WWE talent who leaves the WWE for any reason with a first or second violation on his/her record will maintain those strikes if he/she returns to the WWE.

Is a WWE Talent who is terminated for a third strike able to return to the WWE?

A WWE Talent who is terminated by the WWE for a third violation will be prohibited from returning to the WWE for at least one year. Before a possible return, the WWE Talent must test negative for all prohibited substances under the Policy during a pre-contract screening. If they pass the pre-contract screening and are approved to return, the WWE Talent must undergo mandatory unannounced testing for at least one year after the execution of the new contract. The WWE Talent will return with two strikes on his/her record.

Mike Bucci (Nova/Simon Dean) was apparently buried in Bob Holly's autobiography.

In a post on his Facebook account he made a rebuttal, that was reproduced in part on pwinsider.com.

"So I heard throught the grapevine that I was apparently "buried" in Bob Holly's book. My thoughts on this are as follows - Bob Holly was a good worker who I always had solid matches with.

Personally, he was despised by all who ever met him for being an a**hole bully who sucked the air out of every room he ever came into. Every person I ever knew in WWE hated the guy, with good reason. He was always miserable and treated everyone like crap. From taking liberties on Matt Capottelli (and to this day , how anyone can condone what happened, is truly insane) to beating up his {deleted, see original Facebook post] Rene Dupree, Bob showed his true colors, unless of course, the victims name was Brock Lesner, and then we all know how that worked out.

He was also the biggest "stooge" in company history as he spent more time on the road and TV in Johnny's office than Johnny's suit coat did! If you blinked the wrong way or sneezed , good old Plug was off to the races to Johnny, Vince, Taker or JBL..didn't matter who...that was how he stirred up sh** constantly for no reason, hence the reason he was there for so long. I don't care about stating the obvious , due to the fact I'm not going back to WWE either, so I guess that makes me and Bob equal.....

In thinking about it, I don't actually hate Bob. I pity him. You know why? Because of his ruined legacy and how he went out. Is Bob working as an agent or trainer? No. Is he in TNA or any other company? No. Even the few indys that had him never wanted him back. His "wrestling industry christmas card list" is probably 5 people long and no one has ever had a good word to say about him. Every agent who ever had his matches hated dealing with him and his lousy attitude.."

• Paid Members

Name wrestlers get paid either a deposit or their full money in case the promoter is a clown and it gets cancelled or they dont book their flight. They aren't going to fly all the way over to England on a promoters word.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay