Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Ring Ka King UK? Joking aside, I think she must be hinting at some kind of UK Offshoot. I can see it beoming a possibility. Like an OVW or FCW kind of set up

About a year ago I would have discounted a possibility of a UK only show - now I'm not so sure . It'd have to be a lot lower budget than an Impact , but it is a possibility .

Edited by CliveG

according to Cagematch (WARNING: Spoiler)

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bo Dallas won the Tournament

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Really? Bo Dallas is fucking shit and he's got one of the worst looks I can remember.. He looks like an uglier version of Generation Me.

Do New Japan release any of their events on DVD? I would love to collect their stuff but can only seem to find dodgy DVD-R's on eBay and such.

If I had full access to NJPW, DGUSA etc I think I would sack WWE and TNA off.

not sure about the modern era but I know the old Valis tapes were released on dvd

• Paid Members
DVDs in Japan cost a small fortune.

As do CDs, that's the reason for Japanese bonus tracks, to stop people buying cheaper imports.

There's also more of a culture of ripping and copying in Japan. There are several rental chains whose biggest sections aren't movies, but music albums. It's one of the reasons the Mini-Disc did so well over there.

As do CDs, that's the reason for Japanese bonus tracks, to stop people buying cheaper imports.

There's also more of a culture of ripping and copying in Japan. There are several rental chains whose biggest sections aren't movies, but music albums. It's one of the reasons the Mini-Disc did so well over there.

Why do they cost so much? Is it a tax thing? As in some bits of europe they seem to bang on a silly amount of tax on clothes and shoes compared to the UK. I noticed in Thailand they sold a load of dirt cheap, but official VCD's in comparison to the more expensive DVDs in the stores.

• Paid Members

Why do they cost so much? Is it a tax thing? As in some bits of europe they seem to bang on a silly amount of tax on clothes and shoes compared to the UK. I noticed in Thailand they sold a load of dirt cheap, but official VCD's in comparison to the more expensive DVDs in the stores.

Honest answer, I don't rightly know. I figured it must be something to do with the culture of copying there, but this could be a chicken-and-egg scenario - it could be the record companies making them expensive because of the copying, or perhaps people copy to that extent because of the prices.

• Paid Members

The Lesnar 2 year deal stuff is on the MMA sites as well.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/28/39251...tract-extension

WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal. Lesnar will be locked in to the company through Wrestlemania 31.

Lesnar's current existing deal was set to expire at Wrestlemania 29.

He was close to agreeing to a UFC return at one point but it's fallen through now and he's apparently retired for good as an MMA fighter. A comeback at 38 after this contract is highly unlikely.

Should be good seeing what WWE plan for him if this all gets finalised. Brock vs Taker or Rock at WrestleMania 30 perhaps?