GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Wondering if anyone can give me details of how online works or what I am doing wrong.

Me and a mate finally managed to get online last night, completed all the tutorial missions and then joined each others game. Now I was expecting online to be similar to the main story mode except with the ability to have friends or your crew join in with the missions (similar to the first initial drug run mission in the tutorial). Once we were online though, all the missions (even the mission "stars") seemed to be last man standing, deathmatch, team death match or races against other people, yet there was no story type mission. Am I looking at this the wrong way or have I misunderstood what the online mode is all about?

Also, if you were just to enter online as a friends only mode, how would online work as if all the missions are against other people you'd basically just be racing against and killing your crew members?

Just a bit confused by it all really!

Yeah I've tried a few times with no success. I still might give it a couple of days before I try again.

What I'll do in the meantime is collate peoples gamertags and PSN accounts and put it into one post. So if you're going to post yours, please state for what console.

Psn - stunstone

• Paid Members

For anyone without XBL Gold, they're having a free Gold access weekend this weekend. Timed rather well after the GTA Online launch.

Edit: and Burchill's Buddy has been gone so long, his Mark Hughes avatar has died. That's what Stoke does to you.

Edited by PunkStep

Wondering if anyone can give me details of how online works or what I am doing wrong.

Me and a mate finally managed to get online last night, completed all the tutorial missions and then joined each others game. Now I was expecting online to be similar to the main story mode except with the ability to have friends or your crew join in with the missions (similar to the first initial drug run mission in the tutorial). Once we were online though, all the missions (even the mission "stars") seemed to be last man standing, deathmatch, team death match or races against other people, yet there was no story type mission. Am I looking at this the wrong way or have I misunderstood what the online mode is all about?

Also, if you were just to enter online as a friends only mode, how would online work as if all the missions are against other people you'd basically just be racing against and killing your crew members?

Just a bit confused by it all really!

The online mode is barebones right now, missions like heists etc are being added later on so what you have now is pretty much the same as GTA 4's online. I've just sold my copy seeing as i was offered more than i paid for it but I'll be grabbing it again once online is working and a little more fleshed out (or waiting for a PC release if one is announced before then).

Although sound advice from Astro, I still think a Gamertag & PSN list would be useful.

Keith Houchen - Bazihnio

Slapnut - JoshREM

chokeout - DaveEddie02

Silky Kisser - stuey2dope

Chest Rockwell - SenorBirdman

Dingbat - graemebarrie

TripleA - FreezeCarl5000

Maverick - GVC91

Vipes - V1PES

PS3

Steve Justice - Justice4-7

The King Of Swing - Troika19

The Duke - the_duke2k9

blackcountrywwfc - fmburchillfan121

stunstone316 - stunstone

Burchill's Buddy - mmetzner83

windoesnot - DJ_Jan47

TezzRexx - TezzRexx

Silver_Mask - PinfallVictory

dopper - dopper6

CoreyVandal - CoreyVandal

KFR42 - KarlFR42

I know some have you have posted what yours are, but you haven't stated for which console.

Astro would you mind adding this post & page to the topic subtitle?

Edited by Steve Justice