GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
If you want a wider range of customization options for hair and clothes, then the trick is apparently:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Use the Internet feature, visit Life Invader, and Stalk (aka Facebook Like) relevant brands such as Herr Kutz.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

That's fantastic, such clever detail.

As for the cops, I've found them quite easy to lose compared to previous games. My tactic is usually head to the LS River at full speed and hide under a bridge. Sorted.

I'd always been OK at helicopters in previous GTAs -- as in disproportionately competent compared with the other parts of the game and didn't even have a problem with the remote control helicopter mission in Vice City -- but they seem much harder to control in V, even though the planes are OK.

Am I alone in thinking, etc.

I'm actually the complete opposite. I find the helicopters fairly straightforward to control and land, as where the planes are seriously irritating to land. A regular habit of mine is hitting the runway and then driving slowly off it and brushing a cactus and the plane explodes. :laugh:

• Moderators

Just got done with the main story. The credits

really make you appreciate the insane amount of work they put into the world. They could have churned out another one a couple of years after GTA 4 and probably still pulled in a billion in the first week, but they took the time to create something really, really fucking great anyway.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Went and did the first bounty hunter mission at the quarry. My missus spent twenty minutes trying to smash him off the road down the motorway before getting killed by the police. I reset the mission, shot him in the legs and got him in ten seconds. Anyway, I found the diggers and the dump trucks. So much fun tipping cars over with the scoop and getting in a police chase and trying to chuck police cars over bridges.

Edited by Forrest

Went and did the first bounty hunter mission at the quarry. My missus spent twenty minutes trying to smash his off the road down the motorway before getting killed by the police. I reset the mission, shot him in the legs and got him in ten seconds. Anyway, I found the diggers and the dump trucks. So much fun tipping cars over with the scoop and getting in a police chase and trying to chuck police cars over bridges.

Maude keeps texting me asking about that. Is that where I need to go?

I'm enjoying dressing my characters according to how I see their characters developing. Currently Trevor is rocking a brown leather jacket, shaved head and lovely handlebar moustache. Michael has embraced his mid life crisis by growing his hair long and develping a full on beard teaming them with some Bono style shades and a nice black bomber jacket. Franklin meanwhile has gone all 'Eubank' spending his thousands on tweed suits and crocodile skin shoes.

Yeah, the first one is in one of the rock pits in the quarry. He's standing next to a van. If you can stop him from taking off in his van, he'll surrender and come quietly. I'd definitely try that tactic because chasing him is far more annoying.

You are meant to use the manual map to locate him instead of the in-game one, but it's a pain in the cunt trying to do that, so I googled it. I don't know if I'll be doing too many of these as apparently they become massive wild goose chases pretty fast.

Yeah, the first one is in one of the rock pits in the quarry. He's standing next to a van. If you can stop him from taking off in his van, he'll surrender and come quietly. I'd definitely try that tactic because chasing him is far more annoying.

You are meant to use the manual map to locate him instead of the in-game one, but it's a pain in the cunt trying to do that, so I googled it. I don't know if I'll be doing too many of these as apparently they become massive wild goose chases pretty fast.

There's only 5 of them. And they're piss easy.

• Moderators

Just lazily done the mission that starts on the docks at the far north of the map where you

hunt down 30 pieces from a crashed submarine for a widow. I stuck a couple of podcasts on and ambled along with no real purpose, and add in a couple of annoying glitches where I had to switch characters and back again when a piece was stuck in a place I couldn't get to, it took about 90 minutes. My reward? Ten whole dollars! Keep in mind, I've done the big final heist at this point.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I was just flying round some parts of the map that I haven't been to yet, and I spent a good couple of seconds in the southern Palomino Highlands laughing at a bit of mountain that looked slightly like a fanny (from the limited knowledge I have of that sort of thing). Suddenly, a flock of birds flew through the blades of my helicopter. It made a lovely satisfying "thwap thwap thwap" sort of sound, accompanied by little clouds of blood, and there was a lot of squawking. I don't know if there's anything left to find that will be better than that moment.

Has anyone managed to get enough money to buy the golf course yet? I think I've resigned myself to never being able to afford it without figuring out how the stock market works. And I'm not sure if I can be bothered to do that...