Batman: Arkham City

Cobra1000

so probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway, whos getting this? me for one. I'm currently re-playing Arkham Asylum atm and loving every second of it.

IGN Review

Destructoid Review

it also could be argued that this is the first blockbuster (after the Footy games) title to be released in a very, very awesome Autumn/Winter period for gaming.

So are you buying? Its getting some great reviews coming in, and are you just as excited as me?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm taking a chance and will hopefully to be to pick this up Friday on my lunch from Morrisons. Looks wonderful doesn't it. I'm gutted I traded in Arkham Asylum as I'd be playing that as a warm up.

Hopefully this weekend will be another 'sat in pants on the Xbox' job.

it also could be argued that this is the first blockbuster (after the Footy games) title to be released in a very, very awesome Autumn/Winter period for gaming.

Surely that would be Gears of War 3? Unless you're counting end of September as "Summer". Doesn't matter anyway, I can't fuckin' wait for Arkham City. Asylum was everything a Batman game deserved to be, not just some half assed movie tie in. By all accounts, City comfortably out does Asylum, friday can't come soon enough.

• Paid Members

Definitely getting this. Loved Arkham Asylum although I might wait a while & pick it up in a couple of months time. I've got some time off over Christmas & I can spend a couple of days ploughing through this.

• Paid Members

Can't wait for this. The really cool thing is it completely crept up on me. Had no idea it was out Friday until seeing the TV ad last week. Played abit of Asylum yesterday as a bit of a warm up. Hoping to get it tomorrow or Thursday. Might have to read a bit of Batman later or watch Under the Red Hood again. Regretting not preordering Batman Year One now.

Annoyingly this is coming out JUST before I leave for Australia. Didn't want to preorder it and missed receiving it (after all preorder from GAME.co.uk gets free robin levels).

Very excited for it. Wanted to listen to some of the playthrough whilst at work, but the commentary is awful. Some fan who constantly swears and says crap sex jokes the minute Catwoman appears. Ugh.

Arkham Asylum was great, so REALLY looking forward to this. The hype has been great.

• Moderators

Arkham Asylum wasn't a very long game; I doubt the new one will get much cheaper in the time it takes to complete it.

Not that I'm complaining. One of the draws to me is that I know this game isn't going to be ridiculously over-long. As much as I know it will be great, I don't have time to play something as involved as the new Elder Scrolls game.

And then I'll still be able to go back from time to time because of the challenges.

Ordered from the hut with the free batman begins and the dark knight blu ray, very exccited

Archived