Game Cheats that never worked.....

Kata Ha Jime

Of course you remember.

The cheat in WWF warzone, where your friend says if you beat HBK 10 times with Steve Austin you unlock Mike Tyson, all true. Just no matter how many times you did it, it never worked, must be your console.

So this thread is essentially a rip off of the "lie" threads knocking about.

I would like to know what is the biggest or worst or most frustrating (because it couldn't be done) cheat for a game you have been told.

Even if you didn't try/believe it when you were told, still tell us.

I have a few apart from the one above.

WWF Attitude: Have a three Way Dance with Christian, Edge and Gangrel, if you hit your finisher 5 times on one opponent they get "Blood Bathed".

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Keep pressing the pause button in a Ryu vs Ken match to unlock a Co-Op mode where Ryu/Ken face Sagat/Vega.

Tekken 3 - Get perfect kills in Arcade as King and unlock a wrestling game where you play as King.

I no, I actually tried these. The third one not so much.

Come on, tell.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were various ones for Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy on N64. The two I remember were:

Wrestlemania 2000: If you play as Stone Cold in the career mode, and win all of his matches in under 3 minutes each, you unlock Owen Hart. I tried this, told my mates, and they said "must be your cartridge, I unlocked Owen on mine", too bad nobody was ever allowed into his house and he was never allowed to bring his games out, nobody ever saw his Owen Hart.

No Mercy: Hit your finisher 5 times in a row during a cage match then win it to unlock Hell in a Cell. Hitting a finisher 5 times in a row is almost impossible unless you're using a CAW and you change his grapple finisher to a weak punch or something. Needless to say, another cheat that worked on everyone elses cartridge but mine.

No Mercy: Hit your finisher 5 times in a row during a cage match then win it to unlock Hell in a Cell. Hitting a finisher 5 times in a row is almost impossible unless you're using a CAW and you change his grapple finisher to a weak punch or something. Needless to say, another cheat that worked on everyone elses cartridge but mine.

Wasn't there something similar said about an Inferno Match on that game too? I remember a bunch of stuff said about that because of the Kane bit in the intro video for it.

Not a cheat, but reminds me of a DIRTY lie a friend told me.

With Sonic & Knuckles, you could plug any megadrive game into it and play a special sonic game.

What ACTUALLY happened was that you plug in a megadrive game, and depending on it's cartirdge registration code, a random special zone level would come up.

However a friend at school claimed that he used Sonic & Knuckles to unlock Sonic The Hedgehog in Mortal Kombat 2. Some people believed him until the someone else tried it and called him up on it.

The funniest thing is that I called bullshit on it, only for someone else to back him up and go "no its true... I did it too!"

*Sigh*

Blood and Goro on Mortal Kombat, SNES. You had to sellotape a 2p coin to the top of the cartridge to give it extra weight, then input a 30-button code between two of the startup screens or something. Me and my mate spent a month doing this before the next issue of the magazine that printed the cheat came out, and then we found out it was an April Fools joke.

Mine's a wrestling one too, my mate told me that after unlocking everything on SD: Just Bring It and then winning the Royal Rumble in the hardest difficuly it would unlock Booker T, DDP, RVD and some other Alliance members, not haing the internet at the time I had no way of checking so I spent fucking ages trying to win the Royal Rumble, eventually did, fuck all happened

One me and my mate made up was telling another lad that the bird with the wolves out of Metal Gear Solid got her tits out in a cut scene if you shot her down the lens on her rifle, poor cunt spent ages trying to do it

Archived