Raw Discussion 10/10/11 **Spoilers**

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Well that was anti-climatic, right? 15 minutes of smiley good guys, Vince McMahon being the spokesperson for the board for no apparent reason and then yet another heel GM. Oh, and JR gets fired again, in Oklahoma. Still it serves him right if he hasn't fucking worked it out by now.

It was one of the strangest episodes I've watched for half an hour but then it settled straight into the usual routine. Like the Nexus angle, it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Thought the Christian/Swagger/Ziggler/Rhodes gang in their suits looked pretty cool. They have a decent bit of chemistry going. I think they've got the hallmarks of a decent stable.

Trips as a more active wrestler is interesting and I like his alliance with Punk. I'm going a bit stable-mad here but I'd quite like to see Punk/Trips/Cena/Sheamus as an arse-kicking force for good.

I'm really struggling to think of anything else that was good. Laurenitis got decent heat. John Morrison standing up to him was the best thing he's done for ages. Henry/Big Show recap was good. That John Cena film looks dire. Looks like we'll be in for some standard heel-GM shows in the future. I think there's still a level of intrigue about it but I feel they've dropped the ball a bit.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a bad show, but once again they seem to be rushing through storylines. Everything seemingly needs to be wrapped up as soon as possible just now.

It'll be interesting to see where things go, as they're obviously leading up to Survivor Series, but I enjoyed it anyway, despite the utter negativity which is starting to become a bore from most of the "insider" websites.

Rarely post much anymore but last nights Raw compelled me to write.

Is this really the same company that had pro wrestling fans all over the world abuzz about a match between John Cena & CM Punk at Money in the Bank? That match was right up there in the most highly anticipated WWE matches of all time, and that

You are all wrong, by the way. I thought that was one of the most fun shows i've seen in ages.

The opening was brilliant, I like it when Triple H/Cm Punk have a laugh together, and the Sheamus vs. Cena w/Triple H as ref and Punk as announcer was so bizarre as to be great. Then we got Vince~ giving Triple H his receipt for the earlier coup, before the genius reveal of the comic book villain of the piece John Laurinitis. All it needed was over the top evil laughter. But, no worries, we got some of that later.

I hope they give music and a name to the Swagger/Ziggles/Christian/Rhodes. Great group. And, it's always nice to see people fight in street clothes.

Mark Henry's promo was great as usual, and the Randy Orton 'voice from nowhere' before his music was absolutely bonkers. Good match, though, and Cody Rhodes looks the business with a bit of flesh on his bones, and his knees hidden.

What a bloody powerbomb on Evan. Ouch. Though, if Air Boom don't, at least, point out their frustration that they walked out on Hunter because they got jumped by Miz/Truth (despite H firing them) and they came back to work only to have them rehired, they'll look like goofs.

Loved the final segment. A denim wearing, arse kicking Triple H is brilliant.

So, yeah, the show was completely bonkers but I thought it was great. Plenty to sink your teeth into. And, we've presumably still got Nash to come back. Also, major props to CM Punk for breaking Triple H's legendary game face (no pun intended) with '...and, i've had Nashing running...slowly...'

Yes, it didn't live up to the fanwank booking over the past week or so, just like it hasn't since MITB, but I didn't think it was bad.

I genuinely think they're doing a very good job lately of pushing a lot of different faces.

If you think of the number of guys getting decent TV time now, even if the overall storyline fails a bit, I do think it's a good step forward.

I like that there are a couple of stables forming, even though they will probably be over before they have begun.

I'm hoping for a couple of Survivor Series elimination matches this year.

Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, Christian, Otunga vs Air Boom, Ryan, Morrison, Ryder

Del Rio, Nash, Miz, Truth, Barrett vs HHH, Cena, Rock, Punk, Sheamus

Would both do me nicely, no idea how they would fill out the rest of the card though, maybe a divas match, a Henry, Show, Orton 3 way for the title?

Johnny Ace is perfect for the GM role, hope he stays for a while.

The Jim Ross angle was pathetic, every time they run OKC you know it's coming, and the worrying part is Vince still gets a laugh out of it. JR was rubbish not saying a word then tipping his hat and walking off.

One more ADR v Cena match on ppv, can't wait! ADR is the most boring champion I can remember.

• Paid Members
ADR is the most boring champion I can remember.

Have to agree. I just groan when he comes out. Only good thing about him this week was my daughter insisting his name is Al-Burrito. Which is utter genius considering she doesn't know what a burrito is.

Sooo... CM Punk is a face now? And HHH is also a face? Cena as well? And the WWE's biggest storyline for years is all forgotten and they're all mates?

Blinding.

To be fair to them, the announcers broke a bollock trying to put over how uneasy an alliance HHH/Punk was, and Punk even had it put into his promo how he doesn't particularly like Triple H but doesn't agree with the coalition of the crappy breaking their word and staging a sit in. And, Punk/Cena used to wax lyrical about how much they 'respected' each other when they were kicking each other's heads in.

Of all the feuds that have been swept under the carpet, this is probably one of the more believable.

Plus, Punk always said he thought Triple H was apart of the problem but after they both got beat down at HIAC he accepted that Hunter had nothing to do with it.

You guys do realize that they apparently had to rush the storyline due to the fact that they are in Mexico soon or something and are hitting a PPV? That was the apparent reason. Other than that i actually was pissed off when they put Johnny Ace in charge, but even more pissed off when none of them know what role Triple H previously had.

First he was the COO of the WWE

then of Raw and Smackdown

then of Raw (as thats why they only walked out on Raw0

and then and i quote from Michael Cole non the less, he was the General Manager of Raw.

As long as JR continues being a company man he deserves the shit he keeps getting.

Anyway nothing in that show interested me and I spent most of it with my finger on the fast forward button as soon as Punk walked out for his u-turn and I am even less interested in the next PPV then ever.

Truth and Miz are going to get fucking slaughtered by Triple H and his new best mate CM Punk and I don't like Cody's chances either.

Shit show and a rotton main storyline.

Archived