Are The MOBO'S Divisive?

David

• Paid Members

the MOBO's started after Craig David was snubbed at the brits

Craig David? Jesus, that's like someone starting a Wrestling of Black Origin Award because Meltzer didn't give Cheex the 2002 Lou Thesz/Ric Flair Award.
You mean you don't remember Matt Jarrett's Negro Wrestling Federation?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kind of like holding yearly rallies now for women's suffrage. That ship has already sailed, black music (particularly rap and r&b) now rules the world. Calling attention to race in such a universal language as music is entirely pointless and smacks of casual racism.Edit Galaxy is right - Jimi Hendrix was as black as they come, and he was the greatest rock guitarist ever. If the MOBOs had existed then I wonder if he'd have been eligible?

• Moderators

It's kind of like holding yearly rallies now for women's suffrage. That ship has already sailed, black music (particularly rap and r&b) now rules the world. Calling attention to race in such a universal language as music is entirely pointless and smacks of casual racism.Edit Galaxy is right - Jimi Hendrix was as black as they come, and he was the greatest rock guitarist ever. If the MOBOs had existed then I wonder if he'd have been eligible?

This, from mr. 'I like my rap music a bit more black than that'?And to answer your question, yes, Jimi would have been eligible because the criteria and categories would have been different.The MOBOs are shit, but not for any of these reasons.

This, from mr. 'I like my rap music a bit more black than that'?And to answer your question, yes, Jimi would have been eligible because the criteria and categories would have been different.The MOBOs are shit, but not for any of these reasons.
How long is your period going to last?

Archived