Listings for Steve Austin's profle DVD released

The Natural

Disc 1

DOCUMENTARY (approx. run time: 2-1/2 hours)

Chapters

WWE Signature

Open

Football and Wrestling

Rookie of the Year

From Hollywood California

A Platform

Fang McFrost

Main Event Momentum

1% Tough, 99% Lucky

Raising Hell

Tyson & Austin

Austin Era Has Begun

Cultural Phenomenon

Stooges

The Boss

Rattlesnake vs. Brahma Bull

Difficult Decisions

Return to Mania

Stone Cold Comedy

Really? I

I wonder if we'll hear about him having to eat raw potatoes. Or Chilly McFreeze? Or his wifes cup of tea? Or how he couldn't feel anything after Owen dumped him.

The documentary benchmark to meet would be The Rise & Fall of ECW and Chris Jericho efforts, those are the two best documentaries the WWE have put out on a DVD.

I just don't think I'm arsed about another one.

I've never owned a Steve Austin profile DVD, I thought about buying his last one at some point but never did. I might at some point as there's matches on it I really like which aren't on this one (Austin/Steamboat Clash of the Champions XXVIII Hart/Austin Survivor Series 1996 and Triple H/Austin No Way Out 2001). I do own a VHS copy of 'Cause Stone Cold Said So which is fantastic.

• Paid Members
I do own a VHS copy of 'Cause Stone Cold Said So which is fantastic.

Didn't the "WWF" get into trouble with that one after showing ECW footage without permission?

I wonder how they managed to acquire that USWA match. That whole footage ownership subject is rather murky. I imagine Lawler owns a tiny bit of the library.

I do own a VHS copy of 'Cause Stone Cold Said So which is fantastic.

Didn't the "WWF" get into trouble with that one after showing ECW footage without permission?

I wonder how they managed to acquire that USWA match. That whole footage ownership subject is rather murky. I imagine Lawler owns a tiny bit of the library.

from what i remember or reading was that wwf had permission to use ecw footage which involved austin himself and nothing else, plus ecw and wwf had a talent exchange contract with each other.

• Paid Members
1 WCW match, that's crap!

I count 2 ;)

I think this looks pretty good. I've never bought a WWE blu-ray before, but I think I might make this one my first!

• Paid Members

A couple of months ago, Austin was taking recommendations on which matches the fans would like to see on this set, on his twitter account. One of the requests from the fans was of course The Wargames match from WrestleWar 92, and for some reason I got my hopes up that it would be on the set.

A couple of months ago, Austin was taking recommendations on which matches the fans would like to see on this set, on his twitter account. One of the requests from the fans was of course The Wargames match from WrestleWar 92, and for some reason I got my hopes up that it would be on the set.

Sadly I didn't think it would make it. It's a shame because it's the best match in WCW history.

• Paid Members

Seen all the stuff on this DVD about a million times. Is there a more over exposed wrestler when it comes to DVDs than Austin? All the stories have been told over and over again as well. During the Attitude era, Austin had about 80 DVDs out spanning the only interesting bits of his career. I'm sure we can expect cars getting drove into things Stunners to people whos career really didnt need it, the Vince and Austin feud for about 90 minutes and talk of how WCW fucked him over (and little mention of him walking out and slapping his wife about).

One thing I hate about DVDs these days is the talking heads. I fear we will get Matt Striker popping up during one of our favourite ever moments as a fan with the words "Austin was the greatest superstar in the history of WWE because he had the X Factor". Thanks for that! Or Arn Anderson talking about how he still hasnt forgiven Austin for the tag matches he and Flair had with the Hollywood Blondes because "they tried to take food from my families mouth".

Archived