UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League

TUFCfan

I can't say that I am fully confident in my tactical defending skills yet but then I guess other people online are in the same predicament as me so its made for some entertaining free flowing games. I am unbeaten in my 16 head to head ranked season matches so I am eager to get this league underway. If anyone wants a game add me gaffer786.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me in again (brfc1987)

Far from a fan of the new defending system which should ruin my record of having the best defence (in the first league conceding only 8 goals).

I hate it. Can't get me head round it at all. Its gonna be my downfall in this league for sure. I'm struggling to work out the controls for it in alternative control mode. Just can't do it. I either have to change the control system I've been using for the past 10 years or just accept I'm gonna concede a fuckload.

Are you trying to use all three buttons? I had a lot of trouble at first but found it a lot better when I stopped using L2 and just used X and Square.

Count me in again (brfc1987)

Far from a fan of the new defending system which should ruin my record of having the best defence (in the first league conceding only 8 goals).

I hate it. Can't get me head round it at all. Its gonna be my downfall in this league for sure. I'm struggling to work out the controls for it in alternative control mode. Just can't do it. I either have to change the control system I've been using for the past 10 years or just accept I'm gonna concede a fuckload.

Are you trying to use all three buttons? I had a lot of trouble at first but found it a lot better when I stopped using L2 and just used X and Square.

I don't mind the new buttons, although I think it's completely unnecessary to have no option but use in ranked matches. I used the new buttons for the first time tonight though, first game was a 3-3 and the second game I was 6 -0 up after 22 minutes before my opponent rage quit. Not that I blame him, the tactical button lay out seemed to do nothing to help him as I just walked around his vain attempts to win the ball each attack I had which led to an easy scoring opportunity. I can see why EA have ditched the constant pressure button/method as it was slightly game breaking but the tactical defending probably does give way too much advantage to attackers. A Messi or Ronaldo is going to walk through defence after defence with the current set up.

Although we've had dropouts from the end of last season I'll still use mostly use the general drawing order template I've mentioned before. I was going to do the top two in both divisions as the last four, but due to tapout tapes changing his mind and not entering, I've decided to use the top three in D1 to still keep a final four, with the general draw order as follows.

- Players from outside of the top two in D2 (bottom upwards)

- Players from outside of the top three (bottom upwards)

- Returnees from previous seasons/last season who couldn't play a full season

- Newcomers

- D2 champ

- D1 top three (champion last).

The trickiest person to place was blackcountrywwfc as he finished and started last season but with different teams having missed the middle due to his PS3 packing up. I've decided to place him in the returnee places as although he was top when he left, he finished seventh with Spartak.

The bottom two from D2 last year will have a special draw for the two five star sides. The two worst sides will be saved from the draw until the final four's drawing.

The current tentative draw listing is in the spoiler tab.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

1 MVP RULZ

2 El Espanacas

3 Louch

4 rohpete

5 TUFCfan

6 stunstone

7 El Nicko Loco

8 blackcountrywwfc

9 RobJ 87

10 C/WMARK Please!

11 Fox Piss

12 rockbus

13 carmellaisagoddess

14 Carbs

15 TNA Inception

16 bcwdarkside

17 The Jon

18 vanhalen2007

19 TezzRexx

20 Tildeguy~!

21 scottingham18

22 wmxxx

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Any news on what the teams are we are drawing from

There's one more team than needed so as to keep people guessing at the end. As there are a small number of returning teams from last time, if anybody gets drawn the same side as last season I'll re-draw their team so that they don't get bored with having the same team again.

Atletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen

Benfica

Borussia Dortmund

CSKA Moscow**

FC Porto

Fiorentina

Juventus

Lazio

Lille

Liverpool*

Lyon

Malaga

Marseille

Napoli

PSG

Roma

Sevilla

Sporting**

Tottenham*

Valencia

Villarreal

Zenit

* Teams for the bottom two from D2.

** Will enter the draw once we reach the final four draw at the end.

Any news on what the teams are we are drawing from

There's one more team than needed so as to keep people guessing at the end. As there are a small number of returning teams from last time, if anybody gets drawn the same side as last season I'll re-draw their team so that they don't get bored with having the same team again.

Atletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen

Benfica

Borussia Dortmund

CSKA Moscow**

FC Porto

Fiorentina

Juventus

Lazio

Lille

Liverpool*

Lyon

Malaga

Marseille

Napoli

PSG

Roma

Sevilla

Sporting**

Tottenham*

Valencia

Villarreal

Zenit

* Teams for the bottom two from D2.

** Will enter the draw once we reach the final four draw at the end.

So I'm pretty much gonna be one of Sporting Lisbon or CSKA Moscow...?

Why do the teams need to be drawn on a seeded basis? Considering its a new game and there's a new defensive system shouldn't the seeded basis be thrown out the window?

I'm slightly concerned I'm somehow seeded higher than carmellisagodess, considering his claims of a 16-0-0 record online, when I, well, erm. Don't.

Its not a claim but an honest reflection of my record so far. Its online for everyone to see. Oh and its 19 games unbeaten now :laugh:

I'm slightly concerned I'm somehow seeded higher than carmellisagodess, considering his claims of a 16-0-0 record online, when I, well, erm. Don't.

Its not a claim but an honest reflection of my record so far. Its online for everyone to see. Oh and its 19 games unbeaten now :laugh:

I'm not saying you're lying. Just makes me feel better about my record by saying it's a claim ;)

Unfortunately It looks like I may have to pull out, Which is a shame as I enjoyed last season despite finishing last and was gonna have a decent team this year by the looks of it.

I just don't think I'm gonna get the game in time to participate, having just become a dad and partner still on Maternity leave money is tighter then I anticipated this month and couldn't justify paying out

I'm not saying you're lying. Just makes me feel better about my record by saying it's a claim ;)

Fair enough!!!

Archived