UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League

TUFCfan

• Paid Members

Wouldn't it be a lot better if the creator of the league wrote all are names down and put them in a hat/bowl. Creator draws name and then lets them pick their team.

It's all up to the creator like and weather he could be arsed to write us all down.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in please. :)

PSN username: I-STICK-STICKERS

As others have mentioned I'm not 100% on the new defence system yet and it seems much harder to score but every Fifa in the years gone by has always taken a few weeks to get use to. Before you know it your banging 'em in and defending like a king!

Wouldn't it be a lot better if the creator of the league wrote all are names down and put them in a hat/bowl. Creator draws name and then lets them pick their team.

It's all up to the creator like and weather he could be arsed to write us all down.

Fair and square. I like that. It's the best system so far. Possibly.

That demo is fucking solid.

Maybe do the random draw again but working up the two leagues at same time as you said. At least if we're only using 5 star club and international sides it means everyone will end up with a quality side.

The demo is gash. The new defending system is just a way of covering up cracks in the attacking system from this years version. Each to their own, but I cannot see this series progressing any further on this generations systems. It's a lazy effort from EA. Martin Tyler is still saying the exact same lines he was saying in 10, the finishing of shots are still the same from 09, it just feels stale....

• Paid Members
That demo is fucking solid.

Maybe do the random draw again but working up the two leagues at same time as you said. At least if we're only using 5 star club and international sides it means everyone will end up with a quality side.

The demo is gash. The new defending system is just a way of covering up cracks in the attacking system from this years version. Each to their own, but I cannot see this series progressing any further on this generations systems. It's a lazy effort from EA. Martin Tyler is still saying the exact same lines he was saying in 10, the finishing of shots are still the same from 09, it just feels stale....

I'm going to have a stab at the demo proper either tonight or tomorrow. Will definitely be interesting to test out this new defence business, defending has never been my strong suit so I'm dreading it in a way.

Re: The team selection, I'd be happy with random drawings again to be honest. Obviously my first personal pick this time around would be City, but I liekd the suspense and the whole draw thing that went down last time around. I love a good cup draw personally.

Just an idea (and feel free to tell me to fuck off as I'm a newbie etc) but would it work better to have, perhaps 3 or 4 smaller leagues with one up one down promotion, working on a shorter season? People need to commit for less time, and if someone goes awol, then less results are bodged.

• Paid Members

Didn't know which of the Fifa threads to post this in, but I'd like to especially big up TUFCfan for being an absolute trooper in setting up these competitions. It can't be the easiest job what with trying to organise fixtures and everything and having to put up with people quitting halfway through (like I did last season! Hey, I was moving house. No sniggering) but he's so far mananged to make everything come together quite nicely.

Raise your glasses to TUFCfan.

01-CHEERS.jpg

I've messaged the three people who finished last season who haven't responded either way yet and have also sent a pm to RobJ87 and Mikeymike who missed the last season due to moving houses.

I just wanted to know how teams are assigned in this league. Can we pick our own team or is it chosen for us by the league mods?

The definitive answer will come once the game is out, as I'll see then if there are enough teams to randomly assign to people which aren't too far apart in terms of ability level. It seems at the moment that more people have come forward saying they'd prefer another random drawing so I guess that will be the favourite unless most others prefer to pick their team.

Didn't know which of the Fifa threads to post this in, but I'd like to especially big up TUFCfan for being an absolute trooper in setting up these competitions. It can't be the easiest job what with trying to organise fixtures and everything and having to put up with people quitting halfway through (like I did last season! Hey, I was moving house. No sniggering) but he's so far mananged to make everything come together quite nicely.

Raise your glasses to TUFCfan.

Cheers El Nicko and to everyone who has stuck with it. It is a lot of work but it is fun as well.

Archived