UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League

TUFCfan

Arsenal qualifying for a 5 star team is quite staggering really. I thought for certain they would be 4.5 along with Spurs and Liverpool. I'm enjoying it more than the demo, only negatives I've really found: the passing. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't feel as smooth as last years, I quite regularly seem to be spooning passes into the complete opposite direction I was intending. Also your A.I team mates are infuriating, several times I've had to wait an age for a striker to make the correct run I wanted, or worse they don't make it at all and therefore leave you with no pass on at all. The plus sides, the shooting is far better than last years, long range shooting seems a lot more viable now, the option to have Clive Tydelesely and Andy Townsend as commentators ( I fucking detest Martin Tyler) and the presentation of the game overall is loads better. The interaction with leaderboards and the challenge scenarios of the week are also great touches. But the big plus is, Helton now wears keeper trousers on the game!!!!!

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closing date for sign ups is Sunday, so perhaps if we're doing a draw it'll be on Tuesday night with fixtures released on Wednesday for an extended first week.

Question how do you play online ranked games? I tried to change the setting from unranked to ranked but it didn't let me.

I think you have to play them through the head to head seasons thing.

Ok. I'm well aware I could derail this thread and turn it into one of WWFfan2 depths of shiteness but just played my 2nd friendly against Malaga and won 3-0. Suarez with a brace and Carroll. I'm playing my usual formation and also the legendary defensive controls. It's gonna take time to get used to this game but I'm looking forward to it!

• Paid Members
I know this may be me being selfish but Can we not do the draw Monday night at all? I've got a dirty bird from Ireland staying Tues/Wed and I'll be penetrating her rather than El Nicko's weak defence! ....See what I did there?!

Revenge will be so, so, so sweet if I get to play as Norwich and thrash you, you trash talking son of beesting!

Incidentally, I remember we had a class friendly awhile ago where I played as Norwich and although I predictably went 3-0 down, I did pull it back to 3-2 by half time in one of the most epic halves in footballing history. I couldn't score a third, but I'd say I'm turning the corner against you ;)

I haven't bought it yet, I'm kind of waiting on my payday next week but I'll have it by next weekend. I'll be getting some practise round a mate's tomorrow night though. I've been impressed with the demo but I seriously need to improve on my already questionable defending. I'm essentially the Blackpool of this forum really, great going forward but lacking at the back. We'll see what it brings.

Haha...love it mate! Yep I remember that friendly. Liverpool vs Norwich. Delia and Rosario would've been proud of your warriors! YOu've just been unlucky against me. I've been gash against everyone else but eachtime we've played I've been inspired. Just enjoying the old Bogey status! I think it's a psychological thing on your part! ;)

Suarez is quality. Nice blue boots too. Just added Robinho to my squad on career mode. Questionable at 23 million but his pace could be frightening in a 4-3-3 with Big Andy and Luis. WWFfan2 will let you know shortly how I get on in friendly #3!

Two main issues to confirm before we start, one more pressing than the other.

Firstly, just to check, with the talk of a draw does everybody want a random draw again (likely 4.5/low 5 star rated teams) or would everyone prefer to pick again based upon a seeded picking order as discussed previously?

Secondly, the issue of defending. As I think you can use either system when playing against friends I think we need to decide what rules we're using regarding the defending. Personally I think that as we are all in the same boat when it comes to the new tactical defending we should just use that to keep it a level playing field but I'll open it up just incase most of you don't want to use it.

I disagree sorry TUFC. OK, I'm biased cos I cannot grasp the new system in the slightest. We all have the choice to use whatever system we prefer and if people prefer one over the other then thats up to them. It gives a bit more freedom over things. You live and die by the sword much like in real life! I'm struggling even with the old system at the moment!

On the subject of choice I'm easy. I'm happy to pick my own team in some sort of order but also happy for you to do it as long as Wolfsburg aren't involved! ;)

I think teams should be picked on a seeded basis. So the players who have struggled in the previous seasons get the chance to play as the best teams in the coming season. Not sure what we should do with newcomers though, maybe have the pick last or pick before the top five from last season.

Archived