Raw (Sept 13th)

d-d-d-dAz

So, did anyone watch...?

My FF button took a bit of a peppering, but mainly because there's so little i'm interested in right now (every feud seems to have someone I couldn't give a toss about). That said, was very interested in Punk/HHH and thought they delivered. Though, I have no idea what dynamic they are going for right now because Triple H came across as perfectly reasonably, with credible responses to Punk's points, and Punk came across as a bit of a bitch (even the Canadian crowd, a pro-Punk crowd, weren't sure who to like; despite being in Punk's pocket, they lost their shit for HHH's rant). Though, maybe a whingey Punk is what they want considering the way it ended, which was well booked actually.

Triple H is proper boss on the mic at the minute, that little rant at the end was incredible.

The question for me is who is going to turn on Sunday. The way the feud has been booked since Nash turned up screams Punk, as did last night, but that'd be so unsatisfying because there is infinitely more potential with a heel COO than another heel Punk run.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk: "You haven't liked me since I first came here!"

HHH: "It's not about me liking you. It's about the crowd liking you."

Crowd cheers for CM Punk.

Punk: "They do like me! But you haven't liked me since I first came here!"

Repeat a million times, then add REAL NAMES~.

Miz and R-Truth were fantastic, though.

it was a bit smarky again how many times did Trips say you need to get over to get ahead

• Paid Members

It's a shame Punk is too politically aware to truly be 'insider' and have a go at Triple H for a lot of crap he's done in his career, there was a ton of stuff Punk should have said, that's what made his stuff with Cena and Vince so good (plus he had people playing along). This feud has been so disjointed since Summer Slam. Both are meant to be babyfaces, so the crowd doesn't know who to like. Plus you have Punk 'shooting' and Triple H 'working', so that creates a dynamic that doesn't work, as Triple H can pretty much lie or twist the truth about anything within reason. It felt like two kids fighting over a ball, both went back and forth with the same point, Triple H would say Punk isn't very good and Punk says he's being held back because of prejudice, then Triple H would say it's all about the crowd and the crowd loudly chant CM Punk, then Punk points this out and Triple H says "they are tonight". Thankfully Triple H got it back on track with his wee shouty bit and Punk's little verbiage was good. Thankfully the microphone bit saved Punk's moaning from looking ridiculous.

I'll reserve judgement until after the PPV but somebody needs to turn heel. It's most likely Nash interfering and it makes no sense for Triple H to lose. Knowing WWE, they'll have nobody turn.

The rest of the show was quite average, I thought. Bret came across like a star again, which is always nice.

The Miz and R-Truth segment was their worst. Both sounded so scripted.

I also enjoyed JR finally having a go at Michael Cole for being daft.

From the start of the episode I felt there wasn't any need for another verbal showdown. I think this angle needs to lose its 'shoot' aspect, Triple H - Punk still has a lot of potential in storyline terms but doesn't need any more talk of holding down or being over with the crowd. Realistically, Punk could screw Triple H this Sunday with help of Nash/Laurinitis and still have a large amount of fans on his side as he could say that he did it as it was the only way he could bring in change. If this leads to Hunter losing the suit and becoming 'The Game', a great wrestling character opposed to the cooler Vince Mcmahon then I'm looking forward to what is to come.

i thought that the show was utter shite cm punk and trips were awsome as usual

the miz and r-truth were phenomenal as per (why the fuck the miz isn't the champ is beyond me)

how anyone can say that the bret/del rio segment was good is fucking stupid it was so cringe worthy.

they kept triping over themselves stumbling and it didn't even make that much sense (even my gf who isn't a wrestling fan laughed)

awful take home show

• Paid Members
i thought that the show was utter shite cm punk and trips were awsome as usual

the miz and r-truth were phenomenal as per (why the fuck the miz isn't the champ is beyond me)

how anyone can say that the bret/del rio segment was good is fucking stupid it was so cringe worthy.

they kept triping over themselves stumbling and it didn't even make that much sense (even my gf who isn't a wrestling fan laughed)

awful take home show

Bret Hart is a stroke victim (yes, the move too) and English isn't Del Rio's natural language. All things considered, it was fine.

• Paid Members

Ther better one was

HHH: Cena got over with the fans!!!

Crowd: Cena sucks Cena sucks.

Horrid show. IMO not even Cm punk could save it. I just dont care about any mid or upper card guys, Orton is good but Henry is crap. MEH

• Moderators

Congratulations to CM Punk on perhaps my least favourite bit of mic banter in the past couple of years. If going on about "Main Event Looks" and going over the fans heads and his brattish delivery wasn't enough, we also got REAL NAMES. IT'S A SHOOT BROTHER. It's Russo stuff, and it's awful. He may as well just say on the mic "This is real, everything else on the show is fake!". HHH did well to drag the segment by the scruff of the neck at the end by saying "fuck this" and getting intense and selling the match instead of the two of them having an wrestling forum argument verbally towards the end, but it was one poor closing segment.

• Paid Members
Ther better one was

HHH: Cena got over with the fans!!!

Crowd: Cena sucks Cena sucks.

Horrid show. IMO not even Cm punk could save it. I just dont care about any mid or upper card guys, Orton is good but Henry is crap. MEH

CM Punk was awful on this show and Mizark was one of the best things.

Add me to the list of people who didn't like the last promo. The ending couple of minutes really sold me on the match though just on their own.

I thought The Miz and R-Truth's promo was a bit on the average side. In lesser hands it'd have been awful. It wasn't though and The Miz and R-Truth are good enough to make it work. The actual match with Kofi wasn't horrible.

Thought the opening promo was terrible as well untill John Cena turned up. Bret: "You're all style and no stubstance." :laugh: Anyways, I also thought Ricardo Rogriguez put ADR to shame a bit. ADR looked fake as fuck with his expressions, while Rodriguez probably has more charisma in his bawsack.

Mark Henry was sinster as fuck. The way he gradually got closer to Orton as it went on was like something from a horror movie. The match itself was, again, alright. They had a better match on Smackdown the other week. Was good to see the paper bags actually getting worn as well.

Don't care about the Ziggler/Swagger stuff. Don't care about the Lawler stuff, although it DID allow us to see a Sheamus squash. Kelly/Beth was pure generic build up stuff too. I suppose we can put it down to a pretty poor week at the office. At least the PPV has a decent card.

Archived