New Teddy Hart interview

KingOfMetal

Teddy Hart Says He's Training Animals To Wrestle

By Daniel Pena

Sep 12, 2011 - 12:16:36 PM

Former WWE developmental wrestler Teddy Hart appeared on Live Audio Wrestling to discuss Next Generation Stampede Wrestling, which premieres this Friday night in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The third generation discussed the promotion's concept, some "out of the box" ideas he has, members of the Hart family, issues with CM Punk, and more. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

How Next Generation Stampede Wrestling is different: "We have trampolines and we have skateboarders, we have all sorts of things that we want to do. I really like the X-Games, and I'm trying to get guys that are in the X-Games to transfer over into this new sport of wrestling that I'm creating. Certain things to look for in the future - you might end up getting a key instead of winning a fall, because all the falls are 2 out of 3 falls, we'll be wrestling a Mexican Lucha Libre style on that. Instead of winning a belt or something, you might win a key which will unlock a certain weapon that you can use, which may be like a skateboard, or a trampoline, or a special pair of boots that have magnets on the bottom so you can do some things that have never been possible before. Also, the turnbuckles are robotic for the new ring that we're designing. This may be six months away, but guys can adjust the height while they're up there."

Ideas he would like to see in the promotion: "I'd like to see mechanically altered weapons and things like that. Chairs that change sizes, ladders that get longer, so you can be on a ladder and press a button and it gives you another three feet or five feet if you want to go higher. Higher is ratings. If you can have the fans all typing into their phone, and you want to see Ted Hart go an extra five feet in their air, everyone's got 30 seconds to type a code into their phone. If the code is in, and I get my combination from the referee, I climb up another five feet."

Working with pets to incorporate into wrestling: "I'm training cats to come out to the ring with me, and I'm also trying to train animals to get involved in matches. I'm trying to get safety animals, like a dog, to basically pull the referee's leg before the count of three, little things like that. Or my dog will be carrying a weapon for me, and I would get it off his neck. Potentially if I had a female manager, and she has a cat, and the cat is maybe a good way of getting couple kids out of the audience, and I lure the kids out of the audience and the kids cause a disqualification to happen so I don't have to lose the belt, or something like that."

Potentially if I had a female manager, and she has a cat, and the cat is maybe a good way of getting couple kids out of the audience, and I lure the kids out of the audience and the kids cause a disqualification to happen so I don't have to lose the belt, or something like that."

Or you could just have your female manager do that to begin with?

The worst thing is that this isn't the first time he has brought this up.

I remember about 6 years ago he said he had a cat back in calgary that he had trained to do an asai moonsault.

The dude is messing with there interviewer..........there is no way thats a serious comment.

Or is it?

http://www.canada.com/business/5373155.bin

• Paid Members

Wasnt this going to happen in 2004? Teddy Hart was going to do a high spots federation, with no selling, all kinds of platforms to jump off, with skateboards around him. Wrestling Society X took a lot of what he wanted to do as well. I cant imagine anything worse than this personally.

Although the Cat idea sounds ace.

• Paid Members

If he runs with the animal idea as fast and as hard as possible then that's something I need to see; labradors pulling refs out of the ring, small cats scramming someone's eyes out whilst the ref is distracted by a boa constrictor, and parrots cutting promos, I can't think of much better things to make the indie scene a bit more interesting

Sorry for being "that guy" but i'll just say that i hope he treats the animals right and not abuse them like circus animals getting whippend and beaten, which is something that troubles me since Ted never seemed to be all there mentally and i honestly can't imagine an explosive individual like him treating animals with patience and respect.

Other than that i always liked Ted,he can be one of the best high flyers when he feels like it and i respect his ability in that regard.

Archived