The WORST matches you've ever seen

Dashing

• Paid Members
Big Boss Man Vs Al Snow in the Kennel From Hell from Unforgiven 1999 is a stinker

Yeah, that was the one I was going to go for. The match was a bad idea all around and the "vicious, rabid" dogs were incredibly tame, it was like they shot them some heroin before the match. They just wanted to play.

The match seemed to last about four days as well. Awful.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a match at the Winter Gardens in the late 90's (It was headlined by James Mason vs Soldier of Doom and Jody Fleisch winning a battle royal) It was weird...snap mare...roll...snap mare...roll...arm bar...snap mare...roll...arm bar... I don't remember too much about the details, but I do remember two guys standing in the ring looking mortified when the "BORING...BORING" chants started and then....snap mare....arm bar...head lock...

I remember Power Slam shitting all over the 1998 edition but I've never watched it properly. Does anyone concur?

well here it is

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Must admit ive only ever read a description of this but is this where there is supposed to be 3 teams of 3 but everyone just fights each other anyway?

although i have seen the stuff with warrior at the end which is gold

• Paid Members
Must admit ive only ever read a description of this but is this where there is supposed to be 3 teams of 3 but everyone just fights each other anyway?

Basically, it is three teams. It's WcW vs nWo Hollywood vs The Wolfpack. However, the one man that got the decision would get the next title shot at Goldberg. Which is daft, because it encourages teammates to stop each other winning the match. Hey ho, WcW.

Kris Sprules v Cage Tyler live

I KNEW that one would get mentioned, but tbh the ring announcer was alright ( :rolleyes: ) which means it rates slightly higher than D-Dogg vs Necross's "Lets use Lighttubes while stood 2 ft from little kids" match at NPWA High Octane.

Whole match was nothing short of a disgrace.

well here it is

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

although i have seen the stuff with warrior at the end which is gold

I'm watching it now and you can literally hear the wrestlers in the ring coughing from all the dry ice that's being pumped in there. I seem to remember Stevie Ray laying everyone out with the Slap Jack at some point during this too.

• Paid Members

Worst match ever, for me, by a mile, is Ultimate Warrior vs Goldust for the IC title back in 1995.

The story opens on the Free for All, where Warrior is backstage, making a speech to the camera. Marlena turns up, and blows smoke in Warrior

• Paid Members
I just watched Bradshaw & Terry Funk vs Scorpio & Faarooq from Fully Loaded 98. Obviously not the worst, but it's an atrocious match.

Didn't mind that to be honest but then I loved Bradshaw's original heel turn in 98. I dunno why cos he never really did anything apart from a short feud with Vader but the turn on Funk made him look a right nasty cunt.

Next thing I saw of Bradshaw he was teaming with Ron Simmons in the Ministry. Which I was also a big fan of. The Acolytes/APA were fucking quality.

For shit matches I'll go ahead and nominate HHH vs Steiner from Royal Rumble. The build up was excellent and everything Steiner did from Survivor Series to Royal Rumble made him look like he was gonna be a huge star in the WWE and they completely fucked it all up in the space of about 20 minutes. Wasn't he coming off a bad injury? So they book him to go 20 minutes on a live PPV his first match back. Did they even book him on house shows to get back in ring shape or did they just chuck him in there totally rusty? It's partly his fault aswell sure but it could have been handled so much better. What a fucking wasted opportunity.

I still think if they'd been smarter with this and booked Steiner in shorter matches for a bit until he found his feet they could have done something good with him and he could have had a big run there. He'd have filled that badass void Austin left perfectly. And as it was the main event scene in 2003 was fucking dire for the most part. Steiner would have been a breath of fresh air.

• Paid Members

Ah man that Warrior/Goldust 'match' was an abortion. Wasn't that the In Your House with the HBK/Diesel main event? Or was this another one? I watched that as a huge Warrior fan and I really wanted to see him batter Goldust at the time, I was so disappointed when nothing happened.

Archived