Recommend me an Xbox360 wrestling game!

kendal mint cake

Now then girls, my laptop is with god now (Steve Jobs) so I have a distinct lack of Fire Pro in my life. I'm going to have to remedy this with some xbox related action. Now, I was a big fan of the smackdown series (and, believe it or not, a worthwhile contributor to the smackdown 2 hacking scene) up until HCTP. After that console wrestling became dogshit.

With that in mind, what's the best slice of wrestling I can find on the 360?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Unfortunatly, all you can do is get a cheap PS2, and get Fire Pro G. There is nothing on the Xbox wrestling wise, and the Avatart starring version of Fire Pro that is coming later his year looks shite.

Sad, but true.

• Paid Members

You don't really have much of a selection to choose from, Kendal. Just the yearly editions of the WWE series, the TNA game, or the (really shit, but only a quid) indie game Action Arcade Wrestling on the marketplace.

Last years SVR was quality, so that, but you might be as well getting the new one that'll be out within the next two months. Depends how desperate you are to play a wrestling game. Last years will be going cheap now too.

• Paid Members

I actually quite like WM21, or rather I like aspects of it. The animation is excellent, the control system usable, but the moves are a little unbalanced. The reversal system is actually really good.

It's well worth a bash if you can pick it up cheap.

WrestleMania 21 was two or three years ahead of the WWE on making the product look much too glossy and drowned in too many pools of light. Horrible game, I thought. The one thing it did do well as pointed out were the animations. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was the first of the WWE games to use motion capture? Still, a huge step down from Raw 2 which was actually quite fun with decent gameplay, one of the best create a wrestler features I can remember and captured the whole 2003 feel of the company spot on. In wasn't a bad year for the games, actually. Here Comes The Pain was the PS2 game that year and the GameCube got WrestleMania XIX which was the one with the bizarre story mode where you had to beat the shit out of the backstage crew because Vince bought them off as hired goons or something. Nothing like delivering F5 after F5 to grip technicians.

I really did go off the yearly Smackdown Games after playing 2007 and realising, 'This is the same shit as last year' and didn't play one until 2009. Which again just confirmed it was the same shit, different year. But I had the craving to play a wrestling game about a week ago, so I bought Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011, and I'm honestly really enjoying it. I've downloaded British wrestlers from the Community Creations, and some TNA/Impact Wrestling guys such as AJ Styles, Kurt Angle etc. And I'm having a lot of fun playing with the new WWE Universe feature on it... I may be bored of it in a week or two, but right now I have no regrets on buying it, which is strange for me and a wrestling game.

Go buy it! I downloaded the Monday Nitro Arena as well... It's fucking awesome!

• Paid Members
I love those graphics, think it looks great. if they get it to play like people expect, it looks a winner.

Reading that review it doesn't play anything like what most FPW fans expect. I'll prob give it a go though. Should be out soon.

Archived