Recommend me an Xbox360 wrestling game!

kendal mint cake

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both Revenge and No Mercy had massive rosters compared to today's games. They used to put pretty much everybody on the roster in the games back then, which was great because it meant the jobbers got in.

I've just had a look, and No Mercy had 71 characters, which is about the same as the games do now. I'd rather them make the important characters properly than throw in jobbers, though. I'd have preferred CM Punk to have a t-shirt on during his entrance rather than have Husky Harris in the game.

• Paid Members
I've just had a look, and No Mercy had 71 characters, which is about the same as the games do now. I'd rather them make the important characters properly than throw in jobbers, though. I'd have preferred CM Punk to have a t-shirt on during his entrance rather than have Husky Harris in the game.

I'd have more fun punting Husky in the head than watching Punk walk to the ring in a t-shirt.

Loved how you could even change stuff like entrance attire in No Mercy though. Custom options were mint for its time.

I remember being annoyed when No Mercy came out because they'd removed something from WrestleMania 2000, I think it was tag team entrances or stables or something.

Yeah teams like Hardys and Dudleys didn't come out as tag teams on that game.

You see that bit I highlighted. I really don't want to buy a wrestling game then have to bye avatar items on-top of that so I can have John Cena and the others it kinda misses the point in being a Fire Pro game.

Thats the way things are now though. They could even release the game for free to get a big userbase, but then charge for the add-ons, just like iphone/android apps. Seems to work for them.

• Paid Members
Thats the way things are now though. They could even release the game for free to get a big userbase, but then charge for the add-ons, just like iphone/android apps. Seems to work for them.

Not really. Most wrestling games have wrestling on it and enough items to make good CAW's If the 360 fire pro just uses the items you need to pay to get your avatar to wear its kinda shit and no other wrestling game has done this before for good reason.

Fire pro wrestling on the PS2 has a really good CAW database with a unmatched amount of moves to make anyone you want once you buy the game. To me no wrestling game comes close to fire pro for pure fun.

• Paid Members
I remember being annoyed when No Mercy came out because they'd removed something from WrestleMania 2000, I think it was tag team entrances or stables or something.

Stables. Remember you could have the Union and JOB Squad in WM2000? Good times...

I still break out my N64 sometimes, but all this talk has me going to me da's tonight and bringing it home to my gaff and have it openly out with the X-Box.

I loved about No Mercy - on the complete nerd side - that you were able to have a proper match. Holding the analog stick to stay down, complete exhaustion...was just immense when playing with a fellow wrestling fan!!

Archived