Recommend me an Xbox360 wrestling game!

kendal mint cake

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Stars looks like a bit of a laff, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

But, no, there aren't any really good ones in the FirePro style as far as I know.

• Paid Members
GameCube got WrestleMania XIX which was the one with the bizarre story mode where you had to beat the shit out of the backstage crew because Vince bought them off as hired goons or something. Nothing like delivering F5 after F5 to grip technicians.

Yes! I remember that story mode and totally agree. The latest wrestling games have a severe lack of F-5 rampages on backstage workers.

• Paid Members
All Stars looks like a bit of a laff, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Yeah it is, lots of fun. Decent arcade-style fighter. The different type of wrestlers you have is pretty cool too, in that Rey Mysterio & Ricky Steamboat would have certain attributes that Big Show and Andre would, such as the whole top rope combo move thingy.

• Paid Members

I'm still holding out that WWE '12 is going to be really good. Everything I've seen and heard so far, from going back to HCTP controls for executing grapple moves to breaking up moves mid-flow, to the very complete and up to date roster. I haven't really gotten into a wrestling game for years despite having tried most on the 360.

I think people underestimate the potential of that Fire-Pro Live Arcade game. Whenever a new WWE game comes out, you can buy WWE outfit Avatar items, so you can basically already have John Cena, the Undertaker, Rey Mysterio etc on it (Albeit cartoony versions), but what is to stop TNA releasing simlar avatar items/outfits on the marketplace, and then even ROH. Presumably the game will have some form of DLC too, again, potentially proper licensed arenas and extra moves/taunts etc could be added.

Although it's been built up as a throw-away arcade game, it could have real potential of depth, and be a great framework to be built up. It could conceivably be a proper inter-promotional wrestling game.

That said, it'll probably be cack.

• Paid Members
I think people underestimate the potential of that Fire-Pro Live Arcade game. Whenever a new WWE game comes out, you can buy WWE outfit Avatar items, so you can basically already have John Cena, the Undertaker, Rey Mysterio etc on it (Albeit cartoony versions), but what is to stop TNA releasing simlar avatar items/outfits on the marketplace, and then even ROH. Presumably the game will have some form of DLC too, again, potentially proper licensed arenas and extra moves/taunts etc could be added.

Although it's been built up as a throw-away arcade game, it could have real potential of depth, and be a great framework to be built up. It could conceivably be a proper inter-promotional wrestling game.

That said, it'll probably be cack.

You see that bit I highlighted. I really don't want to buy a wrestling game then have to bye avatar items on-top of that so I can have John Cena and the others it kinda misses the point in being a Fire Pro game.

• Paid Members
I loved the THQ wrestling games for the N64, and WWF No Mercy was the best of those games. I have never really been able to get in to any wrestling games post WWF No Mercy. There was just something about those THQ games on the N64. They were just so easy to play

I'm the same. Spent an obscene amount of time playing and editing CAW's on that game back in the day. Nothing in the last decade has been able to match it. I'm going to give WWE 12 a go though, because it looks more promising than anything to come along for a while.

• Paid Members

No Mercy to me was the complete wrestling game and I'd also love to see it remade with todays tech.

The gameplay system is just so robust and has a great feel to it. Striking, Grappling and reversals all have a 'snap' to them and everything feels so clean.

Archived