Nash and the nWo

quote the raven

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't the most brilliant wrestling storyline of all time, it was just an invasion angle done ridiculously well with ridiculously high profile wrestlers.

Austin mcmahon on the other hand, that was the best there's been, though someone with more knowledge than me will probably point out that that had been done before as well.

In fact, when you get right down to it, the best in recent times may have been the katie vic storyline, because that was properly original.

• Paid Members

Nah fuck it, I'd bring it back. You can't possibly do anymore damage to it. WCW fucked it up the arse to death and WWE committed necrophilia.

I'm not sure it has any real value these days but it should sell T-Shirts and it'd make Kevin Nash a billion percent more interesting. I had them attempt to take the WWE from Triple H under the orders of Billionaire Vince. John Cena would be Trips ally, CM Punk would be the tweener who hates both equally.

The Miz and R-Truth seem like obvious members, if they'd stop acting like stupid caricatures. Mark Henry for muscle and X-Pac for old time sake. Literally nWo Black and White.

Nah fuck it, I'd bring it back. You can't possibly do anymore damage to it. WCW fucked it up the arse to death and WWE committed necrophilia.

I'm not sure it has any real value these days but it should sell T-Shirts and it'd make Kevin Nash a billion percent more interesting. I had them attempt to take the WWE from Triple H under the orders of Billionaire Vince. John Cena would be Trips ally, CM Punk would be the tweener who hates both equally.

The Miz and R-Truth seem like obvious members, if they'd stop acting like stupid caricatures. Mark Henry for muscle and X-Pac for old time sake. Literally nWo Black and White.

It would awesome for CM Punk's character as he could harp on about nothing having changed.

Rick's right, it's been raped so much that if it was brung back now, it wouldn't do any more damage to it.

Until Trips loses his cool even more..and we end up with NWO vs corporate powered DX...or an NWO backed by John Larainitis and Steph and Vince facing off C.O.O powered DX

..Hmmmm maybe it IS time that some new ideas were developed for storylines

I went to that Raw taping in Manchester during the Barrett/Cena feud, and there were a zillion Nexus shirts there that night. That could have been their big stable for years, there was no need to blow it off so soon.

I do get a kick out of the old nWo music being used though!

• Paid Members

I agree with Rick, WCW ended it poorly, in fact considering it lasted a few years, i was only a fan of it for the first 6-7 months. I wasn't in to the wolfpac angle etc. Although, i'd love to see it back.

I think if Nash limited his time in the ring and was more of the spokesman with certain characters doing his bidding it could be great. It could be interesting to see what happens with Big Show, i know foley was very impressed with xpac at thelast Juggalo show and was apparently going to pass on the good word (more likely tna in fairness).

I think if you get one or two 'names' in there with people struggling to get themselves over it may help them. Maybe 4 members and Nash at most.

I'll have a think of who would be good and then edit.

Not a bad idea really, as said have Nash as the leader/voice of the group, if they can get Xpac in that would be great (prob not too likely though), Miz & Truth can either team or singles, as an outside choice maybe Ziggler? character wise he has been smarmy but also with a mean streak I think it could be his ticket.

Nash - Leader/voice

Xpac - Part time wrestler/mouthy shit

Miz- Freshens him up & gives him and edge

Truth - Keep doing his crazy stuff but a bit more serious

Ziggler - Gives him a purpose/ see miz

I like the idea of Vince pulling the string of the nWo, using HHH personal feelings to damage his run as coo,

Since Miz & Truth helped Nash on Raw maybe they are bulding towards something? who knows.

All I know is whoever's in there better throw away the razors sharpish. As brilliantly highlighted in Ian's post the other week, nWo cool was all about the facial hair, and the thought of Miz's smooth baby face disgracing a stable that once housed Scott Hall's 5.00 shadow and Hogan and Steiner's two-tone beards makes me want to be sick.

Archived