Nash and the nWo

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Bring back the Undertaker and the The Ministry of the nWo stable. Have Virgil and Bagwell dressed in long black cloaks. Nash in purple gloves and a cowboy hat. R-Truth can join and Undertaker can take him to the dark side (not a racist slur) and make him over come his fear of spiders. And since Undertaker is now bald, he would wear the old nWo bandana's Hogan used to wear.

The above = money.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Because Undertaker is literally on his last legs. No sooner would he be back on our screens and then he'd be gone again after a couple of matches and the whole thing would die on it's arse. It has to be someone like Orton, someone contemporary but with enough name power to make the most of such an angle and really run with it. Orton's also got the history with HHH, which would further cement his place in such an angle.

Undertaker could be a good addition without having to keep getting in the ring. Even if he did pick up an injury he could still be on TV, that's the beauty of him in a stable. Rick's right, this probably isn't the right stage of his career for a heel turn, but the angle would be perfect! Imagine WWE guys getting the shit kicked by nWo, Cena comes to the ring (just like Hogan) people are thinking to themselves is he gonna turn? But before he does anything *GONG* Undertaker hits the ring, takes out Cena, was Cena gonna turn? Is that why he did it? BAM he takes out the other WWE guys!

Sure Orton would be a good addition, but where's the shock value with that? Where's the big moment? It's just another turn for someone who's spent most of his career as a heel anyway.

• Paid Members

I'd love Batista to re-appear in the Ministry of the nWo. It's a nice way of explaining how he lost all that weight. Say 'Taker used his special spidey powers to zap Batista into a 'normal' man and 'Taker has him do his bidding and is rewarded with a bit of his mighty physique back, once he does the deed. Then once he gets most of his special power back, he goes into full Animal mode and kills 'Takers lackys. Leading to a match at 'Mania.

'The Anemic Animal Explodes'. Boom! 1.5 million buys.

Yeah, yeah... ok no.

in what would pretty much made for him, The Miz would be a fucking class DDP. I'm pretty sure a well executed face turn would make The Miz a bonefide topliner, just like it did Page for a bit too.

How would that work? DDP got over feuding with nWo Savage, who in current WWE is over or on Savages level? I dont see that working to well.

Plus the Miz would look like a total nob smoking cuban cigars.

As for Orton being in the nWo.......

ortonnwo.jpg

From his legend killer days, so he is all set to go, all he needs is the nod n wink from nash to drop Punk with a super rko and pull out the shirt.

I'm all for nWo coming back, it would atleast lead to some new T-shirts, but if WWE couldnt even pull something interesting off with the nWo when they actually had the 3 OG members and a very good roster, then theirs not much hope that it would last even 2months today, with only one og member and a much weaker roster.

I feel like the nWo is the wrestling equivalent of a good hollywood movie butched by shitty sequel after shitty sequel, I dunno something like The Crow movies, first movie was great and then comes a ton of shit to ruin the legacy and integrity of the original concept.

Thats exactly what has happened to the nWo over the years, anyone that has touched it since after 98 has lost what made it so hot in the first place.

WCW ruined it how many times, nWo in WWE was crap, Nexus was rushed and killed off, TNA have had MEM,The Band(the actual nWo) and now Immortal, and now we might get nWo in WWE again.

I guess what we really need is a nWo reboot, thats what hollywood would do lol.

Like The Crow, Im quite happy watching the OG movie and phooking the shitty sequels off, which is what I do with the nWo when I re-watch it, you cant beat a classic.

Association with well known groups tends to help people stuck in a rut like the New Age Outlaws whose profile was raised when they joined DX. So I reckon it wouldnt do any harm for Michael McGuillicutty and David Otunga to join the group, I mean they can't fall any further.

• Paid Members

Undertaker would only be good for the short term shock factor. What WWE needs is a long-term strategy to milk as much money as possible from the angle. Orton would gaurentee more longevity than Undertaker. By all means bring him in as a bit part player, but Orton should absolutely be the main focus. I couldn't see The Miz or R-Truth in a similar role either, if anything I think the angle might turn them babyface if anything if they were to side with the WWE, or at least in Miz's case.

• Paid Members
The 2002 WWE version of the NWO was a disaster. What makes people think a 2011 version would be any better?

Whats that got to do with anything? Thats like saying "X-Pac, Road Dogg and Tori bombed as the new DX: why would Triple H and Shawn Michaels make it any better?" Hogan wasnt going to be a heel, Hall wasnt going to last and Nash was out of shape after sitting at home for 12 months. You wouldnt have that cast of characters. The nWo is an established name that people remember and the product is stale. Nash, R-Truth, The Miz and one or two others completely lost in the shuffle might be what they need. Especially R-Truth and the Miz.

Or if, like some are speculating, CM Punk and Nash do form an alliance together, Triple H vs a new version of the nWo wouldnt be the worst idea they've had recently. And since it will have WWE stars, the nWo name has been on WWE TV before and WCW is so long dead, that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone thinking its a WCW idea they are using. What wrestling is missing in 2011 is people getting spray painted. I've said it all along.

• Paid Members
It wasn't the most brilliant wrestling storyline of all time, it was just an invasion angle done ridiculously well with ridiculously high profile wrestlers.

For me, you've just perfectly described exactly why it was the best.

Austin/McMahon and a host of other storylines provided very entertaining telly, but NOTHING has ever given me the excitement and intrigue of the Outsiders appearing, the "third man" storyline and then the "who's next?" transformation of the order into a supergroup with guys joining from both inside and out, and transitioning/overlapping with the Sting arc. Nothing even comes close in terms of "this storyline made me tune in every week without fail and made me LOVE watching a wrestling show."

Do it again today? No way.

What made the storyline wasn't the beatdowns and the t-shirts. It was the invasion/takeover element with the outside forces coming in and shaking things up, mixed with the turncloaks from within. Any bunch of heels can band together and make a faction and loads have since the nWo, and its meant fuck all. To recapture the magic you would need a bunch of (perceived) talent from outside the WWE to come in and shake it up, and to be frank there really aren't any talents outside of WWE that could come in that the existing WWE fanbase would give a toss about. Well, unless Brock, Big Dave and Goldberg decided to band together and lay waste to Cena et al over protein shakes and Nascar.

In short, no to a new nWo unless it involves Vicious & Delicious, or possibly Disco.

For me, you've just perfectly described exactly why it was the best.

Austin/McMahon and a host of other storylines provided very entertaining telly, but NOTHING has ever given me the excitement and intrigue of the Outsiders appearing, the "third man" storyline and then the "who's next?" transformation of the order into a supergroup with guys joining from both inside and out, and transitioning/overlapping with the Sting arc. Nothing even comes close in terms of "this storyline made me tune in every week without fail and made me LOVE watching a wrestling show."

Do it again today? No way.

What made the storyline wasn't the beatdowns and the t-shirts. It was the invasion/takeover element with the outside forces coming in and shaking things up, mixed with the turncloaks from within. Any bunch of heels can band together and make a faction and loads have since the nWo, and its meant fuck all. To recapture the magic you would need a bunch of (perceived) talent from outside the WWE to come in and shake it up, and to be frank there really aren't any talents outside of WWE that could come in that the existing WWE fanbase would give a toss about. Well, unless Brock, Big Dave and Goldberg decided to band together and lay waste to Cena et al over protein shakes and Nascar.

In short, no to a new nWo unless it involves Vicious & Delicious, or possibly Disco.

This ^^^

I remember being so enthralled by the nWo storyline at the time that my entire week would be a build up to Friday night to see what would happen next (pre-internet you see!). I vividly remember one week where Lex Luger made the save as the show went off the air. He was wearing a light coloured T-shirt but he appeared to have something darker on underneath and we all spent the entire week surmising that it was an nWo T-shirt and Luger had turned heel after the show went off the air. Of course he didn't. And truth be told Luger probably wasn't even wearing anything underneath the T-shirt but we were so engrossed in the storyline and they had done such a great job in making everything so unpredictable that we were actually seeing "clues" that didn't even exist. When I look back I feel so lucky to have been a fan during that era. There's just no way anyone who goes back and watches it retrospectively can understand what it was like to be a fan back then.

Archived