Nash and the nWo

quote the raven

All I know is whoever's in there better throw away the razors sharpish. As brilliantly highlighted in Ian's post the other week, nWo cool was all about the facial hair, and the thought of Miz's smooth baby face disgracing a stable that once housed Scott Hall's 5.00 shadow and Hogan and Steiner's two-tone beards makes me want to be sick.

I fully agree.

No long hair, beards or sunglasses? Get to fuck. Red leather is an optional extra.

Who out of the current roster actually meets this criterion? I suppose Henry could grab a pair of shades and want in.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I fully agree.

No long hair, beards or sunglasses? Get to fuck. Red leather is an optional extra.

Who out of the current roster actually meets this criterion? I suppose Henry could grab a pair of shades and want in.

He should be vetoed for shagging Mae Young though.

• Paid Members

ANY proper wrestling fan will mark out if they bring back the nWo. I went mental any time they decided to bring it back. Even if a few weeks later the grim reality sets in, that it's not up to snuff.

The Miz can fuck off though, he looks too much like a wee boy playing a lawyer to be part of the nWo. Beards and leather jackets or GTFO.

This would be brilliant I think. To the extent where you could pretty much slot certain people in to certain roles from how WCW did it and it would work all over again. Punk, for example would be just fine as a contemporary Sting type that refuses to pick a side for ages before finally going full face. And in what would pretty much made for him, The Miz would be a fucking class DDP. I'm pretty sure a well executed face turn would make The Miz a bonefide topliner, just like it did Page for a bit too.

I reckon Vince still hates the nWo from when he couldn't make it work though, so it's never going to happen.

• Paid Members
This would be brilliant I think. To the extent where you could pretty much slot certain people in to certain roles from how WCW did it and it would work all over again. Punk, for example would be just fine as a contemporary Sting type that refuses to pick a side for ages before finally going full face. And in what would pretty much made for him, The Miz would be a fucking class DDP. I'm pretty sure a well executed face turn would make The Miz a bonefide topliner, just like it did Page for a bit too.

I reckon Vince still hates the nWo from when he couldn't make it work though, so it's never going to happen.

Lets be honest, they'll probably lose at Survivor Series and disband anyway. It is one of the funnier things about Vince though, his absolute inability to give the nWo any credit because it was better than a lot of the shit he has put out (and nicked).

• Paid Members

At the end of the day it's all about these: $$$$

If the nWo brand would still sell T-Shirts and other merch, then of course they'll probably go for it. But for it to actually work as effectively as possible, it would have to be treated with extreme caution. Otherwise it'll just die off like the Nexus stuff did.

Also, it should be used as a vehicle where the other guys are put over more than Nash. Nothing against Nash and I'm not one of those who immediately dismiss the old timers as dinosaurs who should move over for the new blood, but Nash won't be wrestling as often. As a figurehead he'd be immense, but his fellow members would need to get just as much coverage, if not more so.

• Paid Members
Until Trips loses his cool even more..and we end up with NWO vs corporate powered DX...or an NWO backed by John Larainitis and Steph and Vince facing off C.O.O powered DX

..Hmmmm maybe it IS time that some new ideas were developed for storylines

DAMN!

Cena could do a Hogan and join. Hogan was the biggest name around, when he joined, Cena is the biggest name around now. That leaves Punk and HHH to form the uneasy alliance.

The Cena things a good shout but I think people will see it coming a mile off! What they should do is set it up so people think Cena's gonna do a Hogan, then swerve and have Undertaker do it instead!

• Paid Members
The Cena things a good shout but I think people will see it coming a mile off! What they should do is set it up so people think Cena's gonna do a Hogan, then swerve and have Undertaker do it instead!

Undertaker? I think that's one of the worst choices they could make.

I think Orton is absolutely tailor made for a modern-nWo style role. He'd slot into it easily.

• Paid Members
Undertaker? I think that's one of the worst choices they could make.

Why? He's a major face, someone you wouldn't expect, the kinda guy you'd expect to be WWE all the way and fight their corner. It's all about the shock value like it was with Hogan. Cena would be too much like a remake.

• Paid Members
Why? He's a major face, someone you wouldn't expect, the kinda guy you'd expect to be WWE all the way and fight their corner. It's all about the shock value like it was with Hogan. Cena would be too much like a remake.

Because Undertaker is literally on his last legs. No sooner would he be back on our screens and then he'd be gone again after a couple of matches and the whole thing would die on it's arse. It has to be someone like Orton, someone contemporary but with enough name power to make the most of such an angle and really run with it. Orton's also got the history with HHH, which would further cement his place in such an angle.

• Paid Members
Because Undertaker is literally on his last legs. No sooner would he be back on our screens and then he'd be gone again after a couple of matches and the whole thing would die on it's arse. It has to be someone like Orton, someone contemporary but with enough name power to make the most of such an angle and really run with it. Orton's also got the history with HHH, which would further cement his place in such an angle.

Both good ideas I think. Orton is young, arrogant and has the history. However, Undertaker's history with Vince makes him a prime candidate too. He isn't at the stage in his career where a heel turn would do him good though. Orton's probably turned too recently.

Bring back Batista!

Archived