Nash and the nWo

quote the raven

so the wwe is considering bringing back the nWo

and tna is promotiing the following....

-It was announced last night on iMPACT! Wrestling that Sting will face Ric Flair two weeks from now on the September 15. A stipulation is in place where Sting will receive a match against Hulk Hogan if he wins, but must leave wrestling if Flair wins.

I feel like we are walking in circles here

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Echo the sentiments of Air_raid and CTXRussomark. CTX is hilariously spot on above the speculation of storylines at the time. Looking back, its obvious to any idiot that there wasnt a chance Sting was joining the nWo. But for months I remember think "we" had him in the bag. My wrestling pals at the time we're discussing it and I pointed out (which I thought was fairly logical) "why would he be wearing Black and White if he wasnt in the nWo and why would he join WCW after they didnt trust him at Fall Brawl?" It was such an addictive storyline. And it was the storyline which made WWF change its product. They had to. The nWo was unlike anything else. It was such an original storyline. And before anyone says it was nicked from New Japan, go and watch the two storylines back to back. There's a difference between taking inspiration from something and stealing it. The nWo angle was unlike anything we'd ever seen before. The little gimmicks they'd use were excellent. Like the bootleggers walking around the arena selling nWo shirts and Doug Dillenger having to kick them out, to the leaflets dropping from above the arena, to taking over the announce position, to spray painting their victims and the World title. The first 12 months were perfect. It was a special time.

Anyway, WWE hints at the past all the time to make you watch their shit on WWE on Demand. I doubt if they were going to get the nWo back together, they'd announce the possiblity on their website.

I don't like the idea of a new NWO at all. I reckon it'd just be a pale imitation and flop, like every NWO revival that came before it. Plus it hasn't been long since Nexus did the invading stable storyline. I can't imagine WWE are really considering this, unless they're in a panic over CM Punk's failure to catch on with the audience at large.

• Moderators

X-Pac's been doing bits and bobs for HHH in FCW apparently, so hopefully he'll come back. I'd have said that with Nash being injured, they should have fed Pac to Punk instead of him wrestling HHH, and then when Nash is fit and healthy he could do Mr 2.9 in a squash.

• Paid Members
What would the generic pcc opinion be if the nWo reformed and proceeded to be squashed by Cena with him pinning every one of them twice in a double gauntlet match that was re booked on every TV show for 2 months?

If you're going to ask a hypothetical question in an attempt to bait some people, why don't you ask one that isn't quite so patently stupid?

Archived