Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

I tell you what, we owe the Phillies. And what about the Rays? The rain delay in Baltimore must have been agonising. Watching the out of town board as it went from 7 - 0 to 7 - 6. Hoping we can get off to a good start against Philadelphia, only issue is Roy Halladay pitching for them.

• Paid Members

Went to my first game this year, Mets vs. A's in June... I enjoyed the pageantry, and the stadium shamed anything I've seen in the UK - holds 45,000 or so, and has about 60 food outlets. The only thing that left me cold was the game itself, but maybe I'd enjoy it with a better game. Want to get out to their affiliate Brooklyn Cyclones, mainly cos the deals are along the lines of $50 for four people, with free hats, a drink, and a coupon for a hotdog at Nathan's on the Coney Island boardwalk.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
What's going on with the Marlins? They've decided to spend big it would appear.

New identity and a new stadium. But not enough for Phat Albert and his nutcase wifelegacy.

If you want to know anything, I would say ask away, I'm sure one of us will be able to answer...as for getting into the game, I got into it through Channel 5 many moons ago so wouldn't know best sites for ease of access. It can be a bit of a slog to get into, but once you start to grasp the intricacies, it's damn enjoyable

• 5 months later...

Anyone been following this season? It appears that things aren't quite going according to plan for the Marlins, and the Tigers aren't quite living up to expectations either! My club, the Jays are still a .500 club as I type this, but we're more than likely going to see a sweep against the Nationals after game three later today :(

• Paid Members
Anyone been following this season? It appears that things aren't quite going according to plan for the Marlins, and the Tigers aren't quite living up to expectations either! My club, the Jays are still a .500 club as I type this, but we're more than likely going to see a sweep against the Nationals after game three later today :(

We had a great start but we're flagging badly. Humiliated against several teams and hovering around .500 with our bullpen wildly inconsistent. Motte's having a howler, especially game 3 against Cleveland this week. Over-reliance on the stars and injury problems are our major hurt though; we're hammering Freese for all he's got and Berkman has hardly featured. Furcal and Beltran (awesome signing!) are carrying the offense, if one of them goes down the Cards are toast.

• Paid Members

Just checked in on the phillies, and what the bloody hell is going on? They are at the bottom of east side national league!

I havent kept up with base ball since the old Channel 5 days to be honest (as per an above post), it sucks to see them doing so badly! How long of the season is left?

• Paid Members
Just checked in on the phillies, and what the bloody hell is going on? They are at the bottom of east side national league!

I havent kept up with base ball since the old Channel 5 days to be honest (as per an above post), it sucks to see them doing so badly! How long of the season is left?

We're 60 games in so just under 2/3rds of the regular season to go.

• Paid Members

We're 60 games in so just under 2/3rds of the regular season to go.

So in theory, its still all to play for?

Cool, I will keep my peepers peeled. Does anybody know if MLB have a blackberry app?