Smackdown's 12th Birthday Thread

ThePhenom

So, this week marks the 12th Anniversary of Smackdown since it's become a weekly show (In the US at least). To celebrate this, I thought we could all share our favourite

matches, moments, promos etc in this thread.

unledrmw.png

So, I thought start the thread of with one of my favourite moments in the show's history. I remember laughing my self to tears at it, so enjoy.

The whole Smackdown 6 series of tag team matches.

Paul Heyman

Steph actually making a decent fist of the GM job (yet the fans still called her a slut!)

Teddy Long, not being the focus of the show, just moving it along.

The recent Orton and Christian series.

Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE title

That isn't actually the birth of the 'you suck' chants though, is it?

The reason Angle goes coo-coo for coco pops when he realises he's asked for his music is because The Rock had started that shit not long before.

No, it wasn't as I watched a clip the other day of him with Austin earlier in the year and they were doing then. That segment with Edge always stands out though, as well as Edge showing Kurt photos of the two backstage, with You Suck and other stuff on the back. And the other time when he replaced Kurt's shirt with a You Shirt when he got Lance Storm to model for it. Those two had good chemistry.

• Paid Members

When Kurt Angle sang his own version of the HBK theme song "I'm just a sexy Kurt, I'll make your ankle hurt!"

During the Halloween party when the lights tured off and then Matt Hardy came in with a boombox on his shoulder playing his theme muisc while telling everyonne there that they needed more Mattitude and everyone started throwing food at him.

"1...2....It doesn't matter if The Rock counts to 3!"

Brock Lesnar pushing Zack Gowen down a flight of stairs.

I stopped watching Smackdown for about a year and the Christian/Orton series had gotten me back into it so I nominate that.

I also liked Paul London's mini push (well he was appearing on the main show and not velocity) and his tag teaming with Kendrick.

Velocity as a TV show, loved it and it was so much better than Heat.

• Paid Members

Was it on Smackdown where Big Show twatted a stretcher-tied Rey Mysterio into the ring post? If it was, then that. If not then Lesnar murdering Zach Gowen. Or Spanky.

Anything involving big guys twatting little guys, really.

Also, John Cena's evolution as a performer before he went to Raw must be one of the interesting continuous stories in the history of the programme, for me.

What was the difference between Smackdown! and Smackdown! Extreme?

It was the first Live Smackdown, and was to promote the debut of the XFL American Football. Sort of like when they do the Draft, King Of The Ring, Power To The People Raw.

Was it on Smackdown where Big Show twatted a stretcher-tied Rey Mysterio into the ring post? If it was, then that. If not then Lesnar murdering Zach Gowen. Or Spanky.

Anything involving big guys twatting little guys, really.

Also, John Cena's evolution as a performer before he went to Raw must be one of the interesting continuous stories in the history of the programme, for me.

I think the sow and rey thing was a smackdown match on a ppv

My fave matches include lesnar and angle iron man and my fave moments include show and lesnar breaking the ring

The smackdown 6 was a great time for the in ring product

Edit; the rhuno gore on jericho thru the stage and the bubba powerbomb on mae young was smackdown I think too

That Triple H - Cactus Jack segment was amazing, Trips' reaction made Cactus look like an absolute monster.

Was it Dennis Knight playing the fake Mankind because he was brilliant at it.

Archived