Smackdown's 12th Birthday Thread

ThePhenom

• Paid Members

Kevin Nash vs The Rock.

Stephanie's cleavage.

The Cat and Lamont's month long hostile takeover.

Undertaker, since his return as the Deadman.

JBL.

Cena vs Undertaker from Orlando in 2004.

Batista for about a month or two after getting drafted, until they sabotaged him with shit booking.

HHH's run as the lead face in 2008/09.

Mark Henry now.

And not too much else. Smackdown is piss.

• Paid Members
That Triple H - Cactus Jack segment was amazing, Trips' reaction made Cactus look like an absolute monster.

Was it Dennis Knight playing the fake Mankind because he was brilliant at it.

Nah was Al Snow.

Heyman's shoot interview prior to Survivor Series 2001

The SmackDown! 6 tag team series

Brock Lesnar's turn as a killer heel and his maulings of Zach Gowen

Billy & Chuck's commitment ceremony. Still one of the best WWF/WWE's best ever angles,that ending still gives me goosebumps

Big Show's sending of crates to The Undertaker.Comedy gold(Boy Kanyon and the puppy)

JBL

Palmer Cannon. Gone too soon :(

Mattitude's early days

The series of matches involving The Undertaker/Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar

Overall,I've always enjoyed SmacDown! ahead of Raw especially when Raw went with the seriously annoying guest host business.SmackDown! usually came across as the show to watch when you wanted to see wrestling

• Paid Members
Was it on Smackdown where Big Show twatted a stretcher-tied Rey Mysterio into the ring post? If it was, then that.

That was Backlash 2003. Rey then landed on the top of his head.

I'm going to go with HHH getting sent over there in 2008. Breath of fresh air for him, Smackdown AND Raw. His feud with Khali was top bollocks, and it was nice to see him in a role as experienced better-than-everybody face when it was actually both warranted and true. He just lead the show better than most others ever did really.

I would like to go on record to say, I loved Pirate Paul Burchill. When he debuted with Palmer Cannon and his stuff with Regal as his Buxom Wrench were quality.

Some things already said, Angle/Lesnar Iron man match, Los Guerrero segments, Lesnar/Benoit, Return of Cactus Jack, Debut of Rey Mysterio, and of course:

Jamie Noble

• Paid Members

I wasn't watching wrestling at the time, so can anybody tell me why WWE stopped doing the pirate gimmick with Paul Burchill?

When I started watching again he was colourless and looked like he might smell of cabbage. The pirate thing would have been perfect for the kids, looks like a laugh too.

Apparently Vince didn't like it. He never saw Pirates of the Carribean or knew how popular it was. All he saw was a crappy Pirate gimmick like Jean Pierre Lafitte (who I still think is pretty awesome) and demanded it gone. It was still adult oriented then.

• Paid Members
Apparently Vince didn't like it. He never saw Pirates of the Carribean or knew how popular it was. All he saw was a crappy Pirate gimmick like Jean Pierre Lafitte (who I still think is pretty awesome) and demanded it gone. It was still adult oriented then.

According to Dave Lagana, Vince went to see Pirates of the Caribbean on a weekend off and then decided he wanted a pirate gimmick.

Archived