Life's Too Short

Burchill's Buddy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished watching it; thought it was absolute shite apart from the Liam Neeson bit which had me in stitches. Is it just me or did he sound more Irish than usual? In stuff like Taken, he sounds far more Americanised than here.

In Taken he plays an American, in this he played himself- an Irishman. Could be why he sounded more Irish than usual...

He was? Then his accent work is far worse than I thought. As much as I enjoy Neeson, I don't think I've seen a film where he's a convincing American and it sounds so unlike an accent that I assumed that was just how he spoke these days after years of Hollywood.

• Paid Members
I agree, but that's not what I'm getting at.

I get that I was just making an additional comment. I'm sure he put on more of a drone or whatever that made his accent sound thicker to perhaps make the scene seem funnier.

The ditzy secretary is all geared up to steal this.

I've not seen many half hour comedy shows that I found funnier than last nights. Honestly. Though I wish I hadn't saved my biggest of laughs for the most lowbrow joke of all; 'FUCK OFF...CUNT...dwarf...'

Tonights episode was terrible, Warrick Davis appears to be trying way to hard to be like Ricky Gervais again. And the whole story of him going to the school was not funny. Also they seem to be ignoring the fact that a documentry is being made in some scenes.

Archived