Life's Too Short

Burchill's Buddy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonights episode was terrible, Warrick Davis appears to be trying way to hard to be like Ricky Gervais again. And the whole story of him going to the school was not funny. Also they seem to be ignoring the fact that a documentry is being made in some scenes.

yeah, it seems to jump from mockumentary to sitcom and back and forth

Last week was fab so I thought the first one was just a weak debut with a stronger series following but tonight's was very weak. Although their CV is very strong in my opinion, this is by far their weakest work

yeah, it seems to jump from mockumentary to sitcom and back and forth

Mockumentary and sitcom are not mutually exclusive.

yeah, maybe I explained it wrong but with The Office I thought that always came across as a documentary film crew where this was seems less consistent

• Paid Members

Surely I'm not the only one that finds the ditzy secretary hot? She is indeed the funniest thing in it.

I think the series has featured some good stuff, but Warrick Davis is by far the weakest character. Like has been said, it's him doing his David Brent.

I did laugh at the "I'm gay, me" when they were doing the Brokeback Mountain scene.

Surely I'm not the only one that finds the ditzy secretary hot? She is indeed the funniest thing in it.

I think the series has featured some good stuff, but Warrick Davis is by far the weakest character. Like has been said, it's him doing his David Brent.

I did laugh at the "I'm gay, me" when they were doing the Brokeback Mountain scene.

I find her attractive and dont understand why cos she is a strange looking thing in many way

the lead character being a weak character would hurt any show, he just seems too into an OTT character, its hardly subtle at any point

the brokeback bit was quite funny, as was the last line about the Basic Instinct shot but there was little else to smile about tonight

• Paid Members

Ugh. They're rally letting themselves down with this series. I'm a huge fan of all their previous work but this is just tired lazy comedy. How they think they can get away with recycling so much material is baffeling. Theres no heart, no story, just a few gags, a shoehorned celeb and akward pauses and looks to camera. Very dissapointing.

She's like a young princess Di with that hair. Too much recycled stuff in thie weeks ep. The bit with the handicapped kid just felt like shock for shocks sake. Warrick felt a bit bad about it after, so what? If it was a darker show, I could go along with it. But it keeps jumping around like it's made from a patchwork of different ones. The brokeback mountain bit was funny though. "Where'd you get the tent from?"

"Millets"

Thing is he should have had a go at Bonam-Carter at the end. Would have given him a bit of likability and actually had a point. Gervais and Merchant have always been good at exposing people's akwardness around disability, how people act but this seems a little OTT at times.

The second episode with Depp was the best, and the Neeson bit in the first one was top draw, but it just seems a little lazy and obvious at times. It just doesn't have the heart of the Office or the tragedy of Extras.

The bit that cracked me up was when one said "where did you get that tent from" and the other casually replied "Milletts" whilst simulating gnome sex.

apparently youre not the only one, but i cant think why, she looks and sounds like she has special needs.

as for the show i forgot all about it so had to slum it and watch episode one on iplayer over HD. first episode for me was average at best, and the liam neeson stuff wasnt funny at all, i wondered why it was even there when the show is meant to be about warwick and he was barely seen in that ''sketch''.

episode two was far funnier, very enjoyable indeed, depp was genuis.

not got round to watching episode 3 yet, but it seems most people hated it. so i will probably piss myself laughing.

Archived