Smackdown 19/08 Results

Emperordalek

Courtesy of PWInsider

Teddy Long announces 20 Man Battle Royal to crown number one contender for World title. Randy Orton is out there for announcement. Cody Rhodes confronts Orton It ends with Orton nailing RKO on Ted DiBiase.

WWE Intercontinental champ Cody Rhodes defeated Ezekiel Jackson.

Justin Gabriel defeated Tyson Kidd.

In a great match, WWE champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Daniel Bryan, who was cashing in his Money in the Bank contract. Bryan taps to rolling armbreaker. Sin Cara hits the ring to make the save.

DARK SEGMENT: WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio insults Bakersfield. Triple H comes out and announces Del Rio & Christian vs. Orton & Sheamus. Triple H Pedigrees Ricardo.

WWE Divas champion Kelly Kelly & AJ defeated Alicia Fox & Natalya. Fox and Natalya get into it and Fox ends up placed in Sharpshooter.

Mark Henry throws out Sin Cara to win the Battle Royal and become number one contender. Orton and Henry face off.

Dark Segment: Orton and Sheamus defeated Christian and Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus chases Alberto to the back as Orton RKOs Christian.

If this is correct, and no reason to believe its not Daniel Bryan becomes the first person to cash in MITB and not win the title. What puzzles me is the fact that at MITB they kept saying that each winner got to face either the World Championship Champion or the WWE Champion depending on which brand they were on, so unless I missed DB switching to RAW I guess they changed the rules!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Courtesy of PWInsider

Teddy Long announces 20 Man Battle Royal to crown number one contender for World title. Randy Orton is out there for announcement. Cody Rhodes confronts Orton It ends with Orton nailing RKO on Ted DiBiase.

WWE Intercontinental champ Cody Rhodes defeated Ezekiel Jackson.

Justin Gabriel defeated Tyson Kidd.

In a great match, WWE champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Daniel Bryan, who was cashing in his Money in the Bank contract. Bryan taps to rolling armbreaker. Sin Cara hits the ring to make the save.

DARK SEGMENT: WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio insults Bakersfield. Triple H comes out and announces Del Rio & Christian vs. Orton & Sheamus. Triple H Pedigrees Ricardo.

WWE Divas champion Kelly Kelly & AJ defeated Alicia Fox & Natalya. Fox and Natalya get into it and Fox ends up placed in Sharpshooter.

Mark Henry throws out Sin Cara to win the Battle Royal and become number one contender. Orton and Henry face off.

Dark Segment: Orton and Sheamus defeated Christian and Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus chases Alberto to the back as Orton RKOs Christian.

If this is correct, and no reason to believe its not Daniel Bryan becomes the first person to cash in MITB and not win the title. What puzzles me is the fact that at MITB they kept saying that each winner got to face either the World Championship Champion or the WWE Champion depending on which brand they were on, so unless I missed DB switching to RAW I guess they changed the rules!

I've read else where it was non title match and that the MITB was not use. I hope so anyway!

Yeah the first set of spoilers I read said it was non-title between Del Rio and Bryan, so fuck knows.

The MITB cash in certainly makes no sense though, at least when they were making a fuss about only being able to go after the specific brand champ.

Bryan can't cash in the Briefcase on Del Rio anyway, the contract is for the World Heavyweight Title. God knows what Del Rio was doing on Smackdown though, if they are that desperate for star power they should just go the full circle and end the brand split once and for all.

Bryan can't cash in the Briefcase on Del Rio anyway, the contract is for the World Heavyweight Title. God knows what Del Rio was doing on Smackdown though, if they are that desperate for star power they should just go the full circle and end the brand split once and for all.

Ah yes but this is WWE, where rules are rewritten all the time. If they wanted to I wouldn't be surprised if Smackdown's MITB used it against Raw's champ.

• Paid Members

Bryan is in one weird spot. WWE clearly think he's a super worker and he won MITB but McCole spends the time he wrestles 'burying' him because he is Mr. Internet/Indy.

I remember Jericho saying that if Vince thinks you have something special, he will test you and push you harder than anybody else. Becoming Mr. Mindfuck for a few years, until he finally feels you've reached your potential. Maybe this explains his treatment of Bryan.

From the WO/F4W:

Alberto Del Rio promo. Says it's his 1 year anniversary. He said one year ago he beat Rey and one year later he beat him again. He says that in that year he' s become a fan favorite with all of us. (Huge Boos.) He challenges anyone to face him. Daniel Bryan comes out and says Del Rio isn't special because Del Rio cashed in like everybody else. Bryan says he'll cash in his briefcase honorably. Note: he meant at WrestleMania, not here.

AWESOME long match. Del Rio won, after some great Daniel Bryan near falls, with a suplex into the arm bar. Hot crowd for this. After, Del Rio continues the beat down and Sin Cara makes the save, ending with a big dive to outside.

Thankfully it seems he hasn't cashed it in.

From f4wonline.com

Dark Match

Bo Rotunda beat Joey Ryan with a run-off-the-ropes bulldogs. Short but fun match. The crowd got into it after a little bit.

SUPERSTARS

Wade Barrett beat Trent Barreta with The Wasteland after reversing a hurricanrana. Trent did his twisting splash spot off guard rails. The finish was really cool looking.

Brodus Clay squashed Jose Varges with his high cross body. Fast and brutal.

SMACKDOWN

Teddy Long and Randy Orton come out. Randy says he's ready to start anew and move on after the Christian stuff. Teddy says that's great because there's a 20 man battle royal to determine the new #1 contender.

Cody and Ted Jr come out and says its a Legacy reunion. Cody says he isn't content with IC Title and he'll win the battle royal. Cody gives mic to Ted, who starts to say that Legacy knows all of Randy's weaknesses and...RKO! Cody backs out of ring. Randy leaves.

Cody gets back in ring and yells at Teddy Long to do something about this action. Teddy says he'll set up Cody vs Zeke next.

Cody vs Zeke for IC title. Cody wins clean with Cross Rhodes and jumping kick after kicking the stairs into Zeke's legs to weaken him.

Ryder and Teddy Promo. Ryder invited Alberto Del Rio to Zackdown at Teddy's request. But Teddy thought that'd be Punk or Cena, not Del Rio. Aksana came in and flirted with Teddy. She said they knew why they call him Teddy but asked why they called him Long.

Justin Gabriel beat Tyson Kidd with 450. Fun match.

Jinder Mahall and The Great Khali promo. Khali says he'll win battle royal. Jinder gets mad at him and says no he will win.

Alberto Del Rio promo. Says it's his 1 year anniversary. He said one year ago he beat Rey and one year later he beat him again. He says that in that year he' s become a fan favorite with all of us. (Huge Boos.) He challenges anyone to face him. Daniel Bryan comes out and says Del Rio isn't special because Del Rio cashed in like everybody else. Bryan says he'll cash in his briefcase honorably. Note: he meant at WrestleMania, not here.

AWESOME long match. Del Rio won, after some great Daniel Bryan near falls, with a suplex into the arm bar. Hot crowd for this. After, Del Rio continues the beat down and Sin Cara makes the save, ending with a big dive to outside.

Mark Henry promo. Says he killed Sheamus and now he's pissed he has to be in battle royal for a title shot. Said he sees battle royal as a boat, 19 of the 20 men are going over and they all gonna sink.

*not to air on TV*

Del Rio comes out and says the crowd aren't his friends after all. Calls us all fake Mexicans, real American losers. HHH comes out to interrupt. Sets up dark match main event. Since Rey Jr. is out injured, Sheamus replaces him. HHH says he can't hit anyone who works for him but he takes his jacket off anyway to get ready to fight. HHH tries to hand it to Ricardo, who says he's not holding it because he does work for HHH. "Oh that's right", pedigree. Del Rio runs.

Kelly Kelly and AJ vs Natalya and Alicia Fox. Kelly pins Fox with the K2. Not much to this. After, Natalya and Fox argued, leading to a Natalya cheap shot and Sharp Shooter on outside.

Randy comes out for commentary.

20 Man Battle Royal

Sheamus, Zack Ryder, Jinder Mahal, Great Khali, Wade Barrett, Johnny Curtis, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Yoshi Tatsu, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Cody Rhodes, Ted Jr, Trent Barreta, Jimmy Uso, Jay Uso and William Regal. That's 19, either I missed one or they only had 19. No Daniel Bryan, who I think was in the graphic.

Came down to Wade, Sheamus, Henry and Sin Cara. Wade was eliminated and then Henry eliminated Sheamus. Cara was eliminated last. Crowd LOVED Sin Cara. Henry was put over huge in this, eliminating Khali, both Usos at the same time and others.

Henry had a stare down with Randy to end the TV show.

Dark Main Event

Sheamus and Orton vs Del Rio and Christian. Orton pinned Christian after they were left alone with a RKO in about 8 minutes.

$75 for a Sin Cara mask and they were selling! I see why WWE wanted that character back so quickly. Seemed like every third kid had Sin Cara merch on.

• Paid Members

What the fuck is HHH doing Pedigreeing people when not three weeks ago he was telling CM Punk that he wouldn't be doing that kind of thing?

Great to see Mizark continue to be pushed. Are they going to stick with this new Sin Cara seeing as though he's been about 1000 times better than shitty Mistico?

What the fuck is HHH doing Pedigreeing people when not three weeks ago he was telling CM Punk that he wouldn't be doing that kind of thing?

Great to see Mizark continue to be pushed. Are they going to stick with this new Sin Cara seeing as though he's been about 1000 times better than shitty Mistico?

It was just a dark segment that'll have no effect on stories, it's no big deal. It pops the crowd = job done.

An ever so slight exaggeration with Sin Cara. Anyone know what one it was, as the originals suspension is up?

The spoilers make it sound like this could potentially be a really good show. I hope Regal lasted quite long in the Battle Royal, he needs to show up more often.

• Paid Members

I hope they don't replace the original Sin Cara. The new guy doesn't have the same speed and spectacular crispness of the original. Alot of people are saying "well he doesn't botch everything" but the original had improved leaps and bounds and in the weeks before he was suspended was having great matches and not botching a thing.

Archived